Bass Music Man Humbucker Sweet Spot Measurement

bass4scott

Does anyone have a bass body with a Music Man HB in the Sweet Spot? I am looking for the distance from the neck pocket to the front of the HB pickup.
I am going to be using one of Warmoth's body blank's routed with the neck pocket and the MM HB in the sweetspot, but no one at Warmoth can tell me the distance from the neck pocket to the HB. If you have a bass like this, could you also give me an approximate dimension from the front of the HB to the middle of the bridge saddles. I know this sounds odd since I will have the actual body blank, but I want to start working on body designs before I receive the body blank from Warmoth. Any assistance would be appreciated.

My guess is the sweet spot was measured from the scale length of the string at the bridge - not from the neck pocket.... Doesn't help you, I know - sorry.

AirCap said:
My guess is the sweet spot was measured from the scale length of the string at the bridge - not from the neck pocket.... Doesn't help you, I know - sorry.

More specifically it would have been measured from the nut or 12th fret, but not having the neck nor body right now I am just being anxious to start with the design. I know it isn’t the most accurate way of doing it, but anyone who has a 4 string bass with a MM HB pickup in the sweet spit could just take a quick measurement and it would be close. It sucks to be so impatient.

With my short scale G4 (sweet spot isnt an option) I just asked them to move it 3/4" closer to the neck pocket. That places the bridge coil where the neck coil usually goes, and that roughly lines up with the sweet spot.

Back