Back in W-land; Velocity!

Vallhagen said:
Logrinn said:
Or as we swedes say:
"Det där är en riktigt fräck Hagström!" :icon_jokercolor:

Så sant som det är sagt!
Yeah, I get it: Cheeky indeed! In my defense, I picked it up in 1972(?), in Queens NY. At the time no one I knew had ever even heard of Hagstrom! I paid about $100US for it used. At the time, it was only about 8 years old, but the pups were noisy, the pots were scratchy, and the original "white" finish had yellowed considerably. (I'm thinking that the previous owner didn't take care of her!) What convinced me to buy it, was the neck. Slim, fast profile with a narrow nut. To me, very comfortable. I played it as is for years, but the sound wasn't exactly what I wanted, so the long process of refurbishment began.

Moving ahead about 30 years, I contacted Mr. Janne Godman at Hagstrom-Vintage-Guitars:
http://www.hagstrom-vintage-guitars.se/productssimple.html

Very knowledgeable and helpful. Helped me find some missing parts, and I sent him everything I wasn't using, including the complete pickguard w/pups, and tuners. When he realized I was modifying my Hagstrom, as opposed to restoring it, I don't think he was was all that happy, but we continued cordially none the less. And I did at least try to keep her as traditionally "Hagstrom" as possible, although in an admittedly heavy handed American way.....

Anyway, sorry for the thread hijack. If you're interested, pics and specs available here:
https://www.guitar-list.com/hagstrom/hagstrom-h-ii-f-200/619618#slide-0-field_image-25118
(One additional modification not shown, I added black covers to the pups. The cream open coils just seemed too stark.)

Ah, translations and nuances! "Fräck" is one of those words that may be hard to get correctly translated. I actually think "cool" is bettet than "cheeky" in this context.

Anyway, Good story about a nice instrument!

... And i just rememberred: Two years Ago i chopped down a 30m pine on my garden. Saved some of it for a later project! That may be a longlasting One! However, i didnt plant the tree...

Played it live yesterday. Fantastic instrument, really. My #1 guitar right now!

Attachments

• tjong_b.jpg
    tjong_b.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 28
Back