Ash Jazzmaster

Tralfaz

Here is my completed Jazzmaster

IMG_1066a.jpg
IMG_1071a.jpg

IMG_1072a.jpg

IMG_1073a.jpg

The pickups are Lollar Jazzmaster,CTS pots,and cloth wiring(traditional JM wiring).The trem is a Fender.The rest of the hardware came from Warmoth.I never realized what went in to building and finishing a guitar until now.It isn't cheap to do,but it is well worth it to have a non production guitar.This was my first build and I'm pretty happy with it.

GFreat tos ee that you let the grain show through with the natural finsih. Congrats on your project, looks great - and I bet it sounds fan-tast-ic! :icon_thumright:

I reposted the pics...I had moved some stuff around in photobucket so that's why they wouldn't show in the post.

Tralfaz said:
It isn't cheap to do,but it is well worth it to have a non production guitar.

You've got a gorgeous Jazzmaster and I totally agree with you, which makes me wonder - what's up with the Fender decal?  :icon_thumright:

exalted said:
Tralfaz said:
It isn't cheap to do,but it is well worth it to have a non production guitar.

You've got a gorgeous Jazzmaster and I totally agree with you, which makes me wonder - what's up with the Fender decal?  :icon_thumright:

The decal came with some stuff I bought so I thought I would use it.

I love the natural look.  :icon_thumright:

Out of morbid curiosity, what's up with the neck pickup?

IMG_1072a.jpg

You took the words out of my mouth.  It's either been replaced in the other pics, or been damaged in this pic.  Or....it's just a really weird reflection.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
You took the words out of my mouth.  It's either been replaced in the other pics, or been damaged in this pic.  Or....it's just a really weird reflection.

It is just a "trick of the light"...Nothing wrong with it.

:eek:ccasion14: Killer build! I don't think Fender ever offered a natural finish like that, but they should have...

Schlieren said:
How do you like that. . . whatever that amp is?

The amp is a Li'l Dawg  D-lux 210...It's a hand built amp by Jim Nickelson...Do a search for Li'l Dawg.He builds fantasic amps(to what ever spec you want) and is very reasonable.

Very cool guitar.  If they produced Jazzmasters during the CBS years, it would look like this.

That's very very nice. I'll bet it's bright as all hell, especially if you're using 1meg (standard JM) pots.

Back