Are there items of clothing/accessories you won't compromise on?

It seems that this is now a watch thread.
41o2dmSdNZL.jpg

I've had a Timex Ironman Triathalon on my wrist since 1992.  I'm on my third with a fourth probably coming sooner than later.  The blue one loses approx 1 sec per day so I have to recalibrate it to the atomic clock every other month.  The two prior gained less than 2 seconds/month.
Fortunately they can be had for 30-40 bucks.
The first two were metal bands, and they always had pins falling out.  Current is cloth w/velcro.  I'll probably get a plastic band next time.

As for on topic: headphones and speakers are my forte.  I use Stanton DJ Pro 2000 for making music & playing games.  They're starting to show their age and may get relegated to just lawn-mowing detail.  I've got Polk Audio speakers for the living room.

I have a couple of GShocks and a really nice Citizen watch the kids bought me for father's day but the watches I wear every day are my Invictas. I have 9 of them and just ordered a new one this morning. I have a really nice Tissot that Guitar Center gave me for Christmas  when I was a manager. Watches and shoes can really tell a story.

Tissot is probably my favorite "value brand". Did you know that they've been around for awhile? I sort of collect vintage watches, and this is one of my first ones, and still a favorite. It was made in the 1940s, and has been redialed at some point, but the work was good:

tissot43floralbkrdsm.jpg

On the subject of Bulova, I have one.  It was my Grandfather's, a 25 year recognition gift from his company.  On the underside, it is engraved with the company logo, his name and the year 1972.  My grandfather passed away in '87 and it was willed to my father, who gave it to me 10 years ago.  Like a Rolex, the second hand doesn't stop.  Along those lines, my father went to work for the same company at age 20 in 1969.  He got a 25 year recognition gift in '94, the choice of a Bulova or a Grandfather clock.  He chose the clock.  My parents weird as they are, and too long of a story, I have the Grandfather clock too.

To the question of the thread, I'm not so caught up in names or even nice quality of clothes, so I tend to wear clothes too long and my wife ends up making the call on the trash it status.  The one exception is socks and underwear.  You will never find a pair of worn out undergarments on my person.  I am always wearing new socks and underwear.

crash said:
I honestly don't see the purpose of a watch nowadays.  Everybody has a cell phone now.

My first thought also, even though I have a nice pocket watch it lives on my desk at home.

Back