April 2017 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

GOM

We are now announcing the April, 2017 Guitar of the Month contest!  April's contest will be "owner/non-professionally finished" and requires at least a Warmoth neck or body to qualify.

Please read the GOM rules, which have been refined, with some slight changes, and are posted in a sticky in this forum area.

Submissions must be sent, to uwfgom@gmail.com, and contain two images no greater than 1024x768, along with your description and details of the instrument.  Send your submission in plain text email.  Your photos must be attachments to the email.  Your unOfficialWarmoth Forum user name must be included in the body of the email.

In turn, your images will added to this message, which is April's submission thread.

Submissions will be accepted from now until exactly 7 days from now (please check this post's date and time), so get your cameras clicking!

As usual, discussion about the submissions can take place below.

Please do not post additional photos in any replies to this thread.  Links to other UW threads or external sites are fine. Links will not be included in the entry descriptions.

Please try to stick to the entry requirements:
1024x768 pixel images maximum as attachments please, not embedded in the email or linked to external sites.

Include your UnOfficialWarmoth Forum user name.

Owner or other non-professionally finished instruments only this month.

Sorry, but entries that do not meet these requirements may not be included in the contest. If you're having technical difficulties, get in touch!  (But only about contest entries please!)

Good luck, and may the best guitar/bass win!

Guitar #1 Swarfrat

Warmoth BK chambered strat
Warmoth Roast Maple Baritone Fatback with GD6150 frets, ebony fingerboard
Wilkinson VS100 tremolo
GFS Memphis humbuckers
Roland GK2 hex pickup / Graphtech HEXPANDER

AzqA82e.jpg

z2xMIY0.png

Guitar #2 DMRACO

Body
Ash telecaster
Wilkinson Bridge and GFS Bakersfield Pickups, matched set
Custom Aluminum pick guard and control plate
Satin aged denim finish

Neck
Roasted maple with Rosewood and SS frets
24.75 scale and '59 profile
Brass button tuners

WIJWpP3.jpg

Uiv3PMO.jpg

Guitar #3 dabneyd

Both the body and neck are from Warmoth. The body is chambered swamp ash with comfort contours and a contoured heel. The neck is maple/rosewood with mother of pearl inlays and 6130 frets. The body and headstock are finished with gloss polyurethane and the back of the neck with satin poly. I did all of the finishing by hand, with a little help from a DA polisher. The pickups are Wilde Pickups L-200TN/L with a 4-way switch. All the rest of the hardware is from Warmoth.

EngKAm0.jpg

cFTBHH3.jpg

Guitar #4 el_duderino

Zatara (Black Stained Strat)

Body:
One Piece Swamp Ash, solid construction, right-handed, top rout
Gotoh Wilkinson VS100 Bridge
Black solid matte pickguard, transparent grey tremolo cover
Black grain filler, black stain and Tru-oil finish

Neck:
Maple/Ebony, right-handed, standard thin contour, 10-16" compound radius
22 frets (6150 standard silver/nickel)
Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut
Cream face dots and white side dots
Schaller F-series Locking Tuners (staggered)
Black stain and Tru-oil finish

Pickups:
Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates (bridge)
DiMarzio Area 61 (middle)
DiMarzio Cruiser Bridge (neck)

aaFwCKu.jpg

iNF70vI.jpg

Guitar #5 B3Guy

Warmoth Pro 24 3/4" Conversion Telecaster Neck
Maple, Ebony fretboard, Medium Jumbo stainless steel frets
'59 Roundback, Vintage style Gotoh tuners
Owner-finished in Re-Ranch Nitrocellulose and "Neck Amber" with a "Gorilla Vanilla" headstock face.
Original donor guitar's "Custom Kraft" logo included.

Body

Warmoth Mahogany Body Blank
Angled Neck Pocket
Drilled for Tune-O-Matic Bridge
Owner shaped and finished in Re-Ranch Nitrocellulose "Gorilla Vanilla" and "Smoke Green"

Electronics

Vintage 1960's Custom Kraft Gold Foil pickups, roller bridge, Bigsby with B-Blender.
Custom pickguards by Spitfire Vintage, with translucent materials research by B3Guy.
Built-in LED lighting in pickguards, knobs and switch, with internal rechargable LiPo battery.

zuH0NJH.jpg

uqQOsis.jpg

Guitar #6 amigarobbo

Neck is a Warmoth Roasted Maple with Bloodwood fretboard, straight 10" to match the Original Floyd Rose, complete with Gold frets to match the gold hardware.

Body is, by someone else, Turquoise green paint is Wudtone T-bird given multiple washes of gold highlight to bring out the green colour.

Pickups are two Bare Knuckle Sultans with bass plate to thicken the tone and in the neck a Sustainiac.

hYuZeEs.jpg

o2QEiIk.jpg

Guitar #7 JBalcerzak

TigerBud

It's a Warmoth WDG body with a Warmonth birdseye maple neck with dark Indian rosewood fretboard.

7HVFvjd.jpg

Swarfrat and DMRACO kick this month's contest off with a bang!

Good luck to both and keep 'em coming!

I had some inquiries about the pickups.  PM me and I will send a link to a video.  I do not want to hi jack the thread

I had to do a double take on that tele, for a moment. It looks quite similar to mine.

Good luck all...

Man, I'd hate not to be able to vote for my own guitar.

stratamania said:
I had to do a double take on that tele, for a moment. It looks quite similar to mine.

Good luck all...

So it does! Mine came together somewhat randomly. I've had that neck since 2008 and it was attached to a black MIM tele body. I put a roasted maple baritone neck on it so the other tele neck needed a body. This is the result.

dabneyd said:
stratamania said:

Good luck all...

So it does! Mine came together somewhat randomly. I've had that neck since 2008 and it was attached to a black MIM tele body. I put a roasted maple baritone neck on it so the other tele neck needed a body. This is the result.

Sometimes random things yield good results. And welcome to the forum...

Please try to remember to follow the entry requirements people! Next person who submits without including their username will not be entered!

Also, please include as much detail as possible in your accompanying text. Remember, we're all gear heads here!

On the other hand, if your entry has been edited, it's because you included storytelling, hyperbole, salesmanship, personal opinion, fake news, real news, and/or the names of your favorite golden age starlets. While the rules do not expressly state that these things are not allowed, GOM says no!

Simply put, factual information only please; preferably plenty of it.

Hey B3 guy!  How does that bigsby with the b-bender work?  How do you actuate the b-string bend?

Here's the build thread on mine, and a direct link to the Flickr album for if you just want to see more pictures:

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=26061.0;nowap

https://flickr.com/photos/68917223@N05/sets/72157668852946723

Mayfly said:
Hey B3 guy!  How does that bigsby with the b-bender work?  How do you actuate the b-string bend?

You pull the bigsby arm up (towards the low E string if that makes sense). Other than that, it works exactly like a regular bigsby.

Ooooh nice amigorob. Never wouldve thought of thatcolor/pg combo but its snazzy. Maybe i should dropa turtle shell on my Sherwood "blue" Zion. Hmmm

Back