Apparently all touring musicians think they're it.

Back in high school I roadied for a local garage band. Best bunch of guys I ever hung around with. Anyway, we played a wedding once and the groom's brother was such a jerk that we all couldn't even stand the sound of his voice. He cared more about his BMW than his hot looking girl friend. Before he left the wedding reception I put a huge tywrap around his drive shaft. It didn't do any damage but the noise it makes inside the vehicle is almost scary. The guy was in tears unitl he figured out someone was messing with him. He called the cops and wanted a full investigation done on everyone that attended the wedding. The cops showed up and thought the whole thing was rather amusing. I miss those days sometimes.

face it, it's gonna happen, the music world is full of people who care more bout how their hair looks than actual music

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
The last club had power issues (like all clubs). 

Is'nt it your job to make sure this is not the case!?

You can't always be everything to everyone.
and... could you tell my boss, he seems to think I am !

kreig said:
The last club had power issues (like all clubs). 

Is'nt it your job to make sure this is not the case!?

Well, it's been my experience that receptacles (power) on a stage is an after thought.  It always amazes me, even at respectable clubs, the availability of a decent receptacle is asking too much.  Several times there is never one on stage.  If there is, it is loose, and may or may not be grounded or wired properly.  I think that a dedicated 20 amp circuit on each side of the stage should be a minimum.  Running a 50 foot extension chord along the wall of the dance floor to the stage shouldn't be commonplace.

sorry, I meant you are an Electrician by trade, if I remember correctly.
And my thought was - while you're there, you could do a side job!? :laughing8:

kreig said:
sorry, I meant you are an Electrician by trade, if I remember correctly.
And my thought was - while you're there, you could do a side job!? :laughing8:

Well, I'm Electrician not a Magician, and I don't work for free.  It's hard enough getting money for the band, let alone more for a sidejob that they can't justify because, "It was fine for the last band."  I'm an Electrician Mon-Fri.  It's time and half on Sat. and double-time on Sunday.  More importantly, I'm a Union Electrician and sidework is kind of frowned upon because it undermines the Local Union's strategy for maintaining market-share.  In other words, I wasn't trained to compete against who I work for.

I've played before where we've thrown a breaker, and everybody looks at me.  I'm like, "Where's the breaker?  Turn it back on, call an Electrican to fix your panel demand issues."

Back