Anyone use Zero Glide nuts?

NoDa75

My local luthier swears by zero glide nuts, so I took his advice, and will buy one for my upcoming build. The issue is, I have no idea which model to use on the tiltback neck I am getting. I called warmoth, and they said that any nut about a 1/4 in thick will probably work, but they don't have much experience with zero glide nuts. Warmoth also said that the tiltback necks (which I am getting the "warmoth" style neck) use 1/4 in nuts like Gibson, whereas the fender style necks use 1/8 inch. Does anyone know which zero glide to use with a warmoth tiltback?

Cheers

Noah

I’ve used Zer0 Glide nuts on several Fender type builds.  Great product!

Bill, tgo

Interesting. I'd like to see their 1st fret intonation reference. If the nut was super high of course it would be awful. Their claim appears to put it on par with a compensated nut

i always thought the name zero glide was counter intuitive. Like, zero gliding would imply the string does NOT glide lol. ya feel me?

it should be called like Max Glide or the LubriGlide Zero Fret Nut Alternative (LGZFNA for short) something that's more clear.

and another thing, vampires don't make sense either. Bare with me. The moon reflects sunlight so why can they go out at night? what does photons being bounced off a NEO (near earth object) have to do with not making them extra crispy (dead). Check your privilege, dracula

Not so fast Van Helsing. The moon's reflected light has a notch at 760 nm so therefore we can deduce that vampires must be vulnerable to that frequency of light.

pff, a vampire can't get good tone with a notch at 760 nm

lol, that's a good joke, admit it. i think i'm pretty funny, but then again, i have the same sense of humor as myself. i AM glad they finally found water on the moon and mars. now we know where rain comes from.

"... what does photons being bounced off a NEO (near earth object) have to do with not making them extra crispy (dead). Check your privilege, dracula

It's the photon density that is the real killer. Weather you measure it in photon per square centimeter or watts of solar energy per meter, moonlight just doesn't have the juice to effect the Nosferatu.

Additionally in comparison to direct sunlight, the reflected light that is moonlight, is lacking in the UV  frequencies, especially the medium UV  (the  280–315 NM range). UV radiation is especially hard on skin which is not really alive in the usual sense.

Hope this helps

The word photon comes from the Latin, photonus galacticus ("galaxy light") meaning it's everywhere all at once outside.  Vampires seem to die in movies and TV even when its cloudy so i don't believe UV levels are important. Vampirs may be unnaturally fast but they cant outrun light. Cause if they did space-time would fold in on its self like in that terrible film Event Horizon (1997, 96 minutes). that movie is so bad when I saw it on a airplane people still walked out.

Anyway  some guy named Al Einsteen said the speed of light is constant (one speed) and even though I do more shreddin' during one pre-chorus than a crooked accountant does all year, not even I can pick faster than 186k miles per second. since bats (vamps' animal form) use echo location (look it up) the harder you shred, the less likely they are to come into your house to take your blood. They need blood but they'll never get mine. And if they did they wouldn't have a good time because I'd lace it with anphetamines.

So keep on pickin! (For your safety)

Lbpesq said:
And how does garlic fit into the equation?

Bill, tgo

garlic doesn't grow on the moon it grows in soil like a bulb and tastes like a pencil. Because they use so much light for growing (photosynthesis) that's why vamps don't like it.

As far as I can see, this is basically like leaving your shims on the neck after cutting the nut. It might be a great easy way for someone like me to cut a nut, but I don't really see how it would improve upon any professionally cut nut.

As for vampires... The twilight craze a few years ago was really weird. But I did love that BMW commercial. There was just the slightest hint that anything was weird before the car headlights swing around and they all start disappearing. Really clever and we'll played.

BroccoliRob said:
like in that terrible film Event Horizon (1997, 96 minutes). that movie is so bad when I saw it on a airplane people still walked out.

I was flying cross-country several years ago on a lightly filled plane.  The movie was Sgt. Peppers with Peter Frampton.  The player in our section of the cabin crapped out part way through the film.  The flight attendant announced that anyone who wanted could move to another section and watch the rest of the movie.  Not one person took her up on the offer. It was that bad!

swarfrat said:
I don't really see how it would improve upon any professionally cut nut.

One advantage is that open strings sound the same as fretted.

Bill, tgo

Correct me if I wrong, but it seems just a simple replacement nut that uses a zero fret.
I have 5 instruments with zero frets. An electric guitar, resonator, baritone acoustic, banjitar, and a manditar.
They all play well and sound great.
In fact, that electric is one of my top 2 electrics to grab. (A BMG). It just works exceptionally well for the music I’m presented to play live.

Correct, but normal zero frets also need a nut to hold string spacing. This just converts a guitar with a traditional nut to a zero fret.

It looks like the ZS-3 nut (for Martin) might work for 1-5/8 width. It has the correct string spacing, I just need to file off about 1.5mm on each side of the nut.

Lbpesq said:
BroccoliRob said:
like in that terrible film Event Horizon (1997, 96 minutes). that movie is so bad when I saw it on a airplane people still walked out.

I was flying cross-country several years ago on a lightly filled plane.  The movie was Sgt. Peppers with Peter Frampton.  The player in our section of the cabin crapped out part way through the film.  The flight attendant announced that anyone who wanted could move to another section and watch the rest of the movie.  Not one person took her up on the offer. It was that bad!

swarfrat said:
I don't really see how it would improve upon any professionally cut nut.

One advantage is that open strings sound the same as fretted.

Bill, tgo
Dude last time i was on a plane i was micro-dosing and had a panic attack when i realized tater tots is short for potato toddlers. I was so "up there" the ISS Space station coulda used me as a satellite to scan for asteroids at risk of collision with earth

Back