Anyone put small J bass knobs on a six-string?

I think mustangs do this - or at least they are very similar. Here’s mine which has small j bass knobs on it.

TXwO6DQ.jpg

I do.  Look at hipshot knobs.  I put the small knob on the tone control.  The regular knob is volume.  Did it on my jazzmaster

new-killer-star said:
I think mustangs do this - or at least they are very similar. Here’s mine which has small j bass knobs on it.

TXwO6DQ.jpg

That is a terrific specimen of a dog-hair finish and a great example of why we build Warmoth axes - there's so much creativity deployed within the limits of that traditional format.  Lovely work.

here are some pics

Attachments

• stratomaster front detail.jpg
    stratomaster front detail.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 130
  • stratomaster knob detail.jpg
    stratomaster knob detail.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 128
Who says a j bass knob has to look like one designed by fender ... the knob police ?! ... the concept is:  one small and one regular size, dig?  The world is your oyster when it comes to knobs, lot's of choices.

rick2 said:
Who says a j bass knob has to look like one designed by fender ... the knob police ?! ... the concept is:  one small and one regular size, dig?  The world is your oyster when it comes to knobs, lot's of choices.
I wasn't criticizing. My post was wondering whether anyone had used traditional ones, like what shows up in an image search for J bass knobs: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=j+bass+knobs&t=brave&iax=images&ia=images
Put whatever you want on your gear. I suppose you could put a doorknob on a J bass, and if you didn't get arrested by the knob police, that would make it a J bass knob.

Back