Anyone know the exact size of the route for tremolo spring cavity cover plate ?

Edison Chase

I have a Warmoth build on order.. being routed for Schaller Floyd.

I don't think Warmoth supplies the cover plate for the spring cavity (I believe they provide it for the control cavity).

I have 2 spring cavity cover plates on hand, but not sure if they're going to fit.

Anyone have the exact route dimensions ?

(Strat replacement body)

I have a Warmoth build on order.. being routed for Schaller Floyd.

I don't think Warmoth supplies the cover plate for the spring cavity (I believe they provide it for the control cavity).

I have 2 spring cavity cover plates on hand, but not sure if they're going to fit.

Anyone have the exact route dimensions ?

(Strat replacement body)
W = 3.61"
L = 5.68"

What are these dimensions for ?

@supertruper1988 has said Warmoth does not route a recess for the cover plate.

I assume you're giving me the size of the actual spring cavity here ?
I must have mis read your post. Those are the dimensions of our actual cover plate. The trem rout itself is
W 2.23"
L 4.91"

Hope this helps.

I must have mis read your post. Those are the dimensions of our actual cover plate. The trem rout itself is
W 2.23"
L 4.91"

Hope this helps.
I measured one of the cover plates I have on hand, and it's 5.5305" x 3.5420"

However, the last thing I'd wanna do is drill holes in a painted/clear-coated body and mount a cover plate to sit on top of the body.

I'll just go commando, the way God & Warmoth intended.

However, the last thing I'd wanna do is drill holes in a painted/clear-coated body and mount a cover plate to sit on top of the body.

You mean like drilling the holes for strap buttons? They sit on top of the body.

Thats they way Fender has done it for years just bolt the cover on the surface like a pickguard. Once Jackson/Charvel and other 80s brands came up did you see recessed trem spring covers.

Edison, if you're serious I suggest you take a look at the Aaron's videos on his double neck build. It should be mandatory viewing for anyone who want to build a parts caster, which I'm assuming is the first time for you.

If not ...

Back