Anyone else here with a Greek Society background?

Graffiti62

During my time at Northern Michigan University, I was privelaged and honored enoug to be a brother of the Delta Beta chapter of Alpha Sigma Phi. I had the opportunity to meet some of the closest friends I've ever had in my entire life, and, two of them (well, one will be able to say this in mid-April) that they're the godfathers of my two kids.

I'm curious if anyone else out there was a member of a fraternity (or, with our female readers, a sorority) during your time in college. And, of course, frat stories are welcome, if not encouraged...

Shared trauma/crisis/secrets are unusually endearing, especially if they occur when you're young and impressionable. Most people get over it once they mature into more sophisticated relationships and find themselves embarrassed by previous entanglements, but there are those who cling to those memories like grim death. Don't be that guy. Let it go. Move on.

I was in a fraternity at the U of MN for a year and a half.  Left because it was too clicky.  Did meet one of my best friends there though.  We both left the test at the same time and were roommates through the rest of college.

crash said:
I was in a fraternity at the U of MN for a year and a half.  Left because it was too clicky.  Did meet one of my best friends there though.  We both left the test at the same time and were roommates through the rest of college.

Thats funny Crash... I helped start a fraternity at the U of M back in the day, Delta Upsilon. Awesome group of guys, and unlike any other fraternity.

Ah... the mammeries...

Cagey said:
Shared trauma/crisis/secrets are unusually endearing, especially if they occur when you're young and impressionable. Most people get over it once they mature into more sophisticated relationships and find themselves embarrassed by previous entanglements, but there are those who cling to those memories like grim death. Don't be that guy. Let it go. Move on.

Shared trauma/crisis is a lot more enduring as well as endearing when said trauma/crisis is actually for a worthwhile reason.

ORCRiST said:
crash said:

Thats funny Crash... I helped start a fraternity at the U of M back in the day, Delta Upsilon. Awesome group of guys, and unlike any other fraternity.

Ah... the mammeries...

Was that the one next to the sports pavillion?

crash said:
ORCRiST said:
crash said:

Ah... the mammeries...

Was that the one next to the sports pavillion?

Well, its been a long time. Back in the day (91-92ish) our house wasn't even on fraternity row - it was a block or two down from Sanford Hall.

Although, I have noted that since then - they have moved to a house on frat row, I haven't been there yet however.

Back