Any Warmoth LP's Left?

Gemcutter

I'm interested in picking up a Warmoth LP body (and hopefully a matching neck). Does anyone have one that they'd like to trade for some greenbacks?

Sometimes you see them on ebay.

If you really want a high-end LP, though, I strongly recommend you check out the Agiles at Rondo. They're a little short on stock at the moment, but there's this Tribal Blue quilt top that's very pretty for only $499. I've owned several of them, and known others that have that I've played, and the things are incredible. Particularly the 3200 series. Everything the Gibson LP Custom is, plus quality, minus the ridiculous price. Needs nothing right out of the box - doesn't even require setup. Highly recommended.

Woah, very nice guitar...I'll do some looking there.  I was really thinking of a project, but you just can't build one for anywhere near their price. Thanks Cagey.

I'm still interested in a Warmoth LP project though, so if anyone has one collecting sawdust, let's see if we can do something about that.

Define "gathering sawdust."  I got to the very finish line with this guy, and then managed to destroy the pots once I got it soldered together, and I have just been unable to pull myself together and build any enthusiasm for it.  At this point there are some defects in the finish brought on by masking tape having been in place too long, but it's not that bad.  What are your thoughts about a Les Paul Special in mahogany with a koa top?

8483059494_b312f0a626_h.jpg

Bagman67 said:
Define "gathering sawdust."  I got to the very finish line with this guy, and then managed to destroy the pots once I got it soldered together, and I have just been unable to pull myself together and build any enthusiasm for it.  At this point there are some defects in the finish brought on by masking tape having been in place too long, but it's not that bad.  What are your thoughts about a Les Paul Special in mahogany with a koa top?

Apologies for heading off topic, but are you interested in parting with this Bagman?

Look on ebay. Warmoth Les Paul bodies pop up every once and awhile. I picked up a 3 piece koa Les Paul body recently on ebay fairly cheap

its a double cut but I could be talked into letting this one go.
http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=26419.0

Cagey said:
Sometimes you see them on ebay.

If you really want a high-end LP, though, I strongly recommend you check out the Agiles at Rondo. They're a little short on stock at the moment, but there's this Tribal Blue quilt top that's very pretty for only $499. I've owned several of them, and known others that have that I've played, and the things are incredible. Particularly the 3200 series. Everything the Gibson LP Custom is, plus quality, minus the ridiculous price. Needs nothing right out of the box - doesn't even require setup. Highly recommended.

The thing that always scares me off on those is the unknown weight. "Around 10 pounds" is a little ambiguous, and the two total non-starters for me on any guitar are neck-heaviness and excessive weight (anything over 9 lbs).

I had as friend that had the Agile in the 2500 series. Weight was just over 8 lbs. Not neck heavy at
all. The weight they list is the shipping weight.

It was a good playing and sounding guitar once I set it up. The fret ends were kinda sharp, but that's easy to address. It was P90 equipped and was quieter than anticipated.

Bagman67 said:
Define "gathering sawdust."  I got to the very finish line with this guy, and then managed to destroy the pots once I got it soldered together, and I have just been unable to pull myself together and build any enthusiasm for it. 

Glad to see I'm not the only one that's ever happened to.

Back