Any discussions on guitar apps for iPhone?

KaiserSoze

Been playing with my iPhone and some apps like JamUp and Mobile POD and am having a blast. 

Whats everyone think and are you using them for more than practice?

Nothing personal, but I detest apple... :dontknow:

But some of the guitar apps for phones are pretty cool, my wife has garage band on her ipad2..

i downloaded the amplitube (with iRig attachment)...meh, modelling is well...modelling...the clean fender sound is ok though...

i downloaded garage band...but i don't think i can actually record with it (any suggestions here?)...i wanted to use it like a 4 track for
recording ideas quickly...but my iRig won't work with it...

pocket guitar is kinda fun to play around with on the train (loooooong commute:), but i really can't even strum on the damn thing...lol...
and making chord shapes on a phone is, well, challenging...

TuneORama is the best tuning program that I have found so far...it even does open tunings...

Anyone else?  I would like some new distractions on my commute tomorrow...

ps.  i used to have a few guitar theory apps...you punch in the root and the scale type and a diagram appears...it was handy for those
scales you don't use all that often...but i can't for the life of me remember what any of them were called.  Cheers!

You can use Multi Track for recording up to 4 tracks and sharing them with friends.  Also use Cleartune, which is an awesome tuner.

I have the Line 6 app, really cool for vacation jamming & such, but it won't replace my XT -Live.
I have a whole bunch of Synth apps that are really cool.

I wanted to try the Guitar Scale Randomizer for iPhone, but so far have been unable to find one for Android... :dontknow:

Ear training apps may help recognition of intervals, but I think the best way to recognize melodies is to listen to music and have thus since deleted my ear training app  :icon_tongue:

the three apps i use the most (and at this point barely can survive without) are mainly iReal b, it creates whatever backing tracks you want, and you can with ease download over 1200 jazz classics (as well as other genres). I find myself using amplitube quite a bit (along with ireal b), great for praticing when you are on a deserted island without a proper amp. Music theory pro is also a quite usefull app.

A trick I don't think too many people know about is that you can export your iRealb songs directly to amplitube and use them as backing tracks in amplitube.

My iPhone is loaded with Guitar Pro (song tabs), Hard Wire HT5 Polyphonic Tuner, Pocket Guitar, Guitar Tool Kit, iKey Change, Guitar Rock Tour (Guitar Hero app), Guitarist, GigBaby, and 7 Chords (chord charts).

I use ampkit on my iPhone and iPad.  It has a nice practice mode where you can play along with song in your music library.  For garage band, you need to buy the patch cord kit.  Costs about $90

Another cool app is Tone Trainer. Developed by one of the IT guys here at Warmoth. Great little ear training app.

Cool.. Thanks for the Ireal b app suggestion.  I can use that.

For me, MobilePOD and JamUp Pro seem to have some models that I have a lot of fun with.  Great to put on headphones and jam to a backing track so easily.  JamUp has a looper that is fun to mess with also.  Got some neat song idea that way.
FourTrack is a good way to record, although cut and past of tracks only works with certain apps.  Still fun. 

I can't wait to see the stuff that will be around in a year.

I use TabToolkit and MusicTrainer, both of which I'm quite happy with.  TabToolkit is, as the name suggests, an app for viewing and playing tabs and supports GuitarPro tabs.  MusicTrainer lets you take an audio track out of your iPod library and play it with options to slow it down (without changing pitch), raise or lower the pitch of a track by half steps and define what they refer to as phrases which are parts of the song.  The phrases are nice for leads and such so that you can practice/learn one part of a song.

At some point, I also want to buy an Alesis iDock (for the iPad) and Garage Band to do some recording.

Back