Another great eBay find!

Yeah, I saw that one - at least he murdered a Screamin' Deals body instead of some interesting exotic.  Might as well post a description of "Hey, got in a hole and kept on digging, and only now am I willing to admit it.  Anyone wanna buy my eff-up?"

I've messed up worse than that. I just threw it away :laughing3:

Road worn? Road sodomized...oh ebay is great.

I once sold a 5 year old pair of crapped-out snowboarding boots for $10 less than I paid for them originally, on the bay - and my listing was totally honest. You might as well put your crap on there, because you'll get more than you would at a yard sale that's for sure.

I sold my broken ipod, some really crappy beat up pickups, damaged swim fins, and all kinds of other crap.  I always portray the item honestly, and I have 100% positive feedback.  People will buy all kinds of messed up junk.  That's the beauty of ebay. 

hannaugh said:
I sold my broken ipod, some really crappy beat up pickups, damaged swim fins, and all kinds of other crap.  I always portray the item honestly, and I have 100% positive feedback.  People will buy all kinds of messed up junk.  That's the beauty of ebay. 

And the ugliness of eBay is that they charge 10%, so it'll cost me $170 in advertising if I were to put my 2003 Jackson USA KV2 up there for the $1700 I want for it...

I do not get the paint job, I mean it is solid on the back and only the edges are painted in the front, why didn't he mask the entire front off? And from the  screw holes he had entire hardware set up on.
Like the Pickguard, man that thing must have been ugly with everything on and that raw looking front and the edges painted.
Now he must have another project there is another body in the other picture on ebay.
Oh Well
His loss for being a idiot

Jusatele said:
I do not get the paint job, I mean it is solid on the back and only the edges are painted in the front, why didn't he mask the entire front off?

He glued the myrtle veneer on the front, and then masked and painted the lake placid blue - my guess is he's covering up some lousy work on the edges of the veneer he glued on.

Jusatele said:
I do not get the paint job, I mean it is solid on the back and only the edges are painted in the front, why didn't he mask the entire front off? And from the  screw holes he had entire hardware set up on.
Like the Pickguard, man that thing must have been ugly with everything on and that raw looking front and the edges painted.
Now he must have another project there is another body in the other picture on ebay.
Oh Well

I'm more concerned with how he managed to get the bookmatch line way off to the left.

This goes well beyond a simple fudge up, however. Something must be very wrong if you're having demented thoughts of shooting blue paint on a guitar that has a Myrtle Burl top. What could possibly make someone think those two aesthetics would work together, and why not stop immediately and go over it with black, once you realize how awful it looks? :sad:

line6man said:
Jusatele said:
Oh Well

I'm more concerned with how he managed to get the bookmatch line way off to the left.

This goes well beyond a simple frick up, however. Something must be very wrong if you're having demented thoughts of shooting blue paint on a guitar that has a Myrtle Burl top. What could possibly make someone think those two aesthetics would work together, and why not stop immediately and go over it with black, once you realize how awful it looks? :sad:
I agree it is so much more than a simple frick up, this goes into the zone of "step back from the order button and go get a guitar off the wall" situation, this is having no idea just an plan that says, " I will build a uber tele and it will be the best, however I have no idea or motor skilzs to do such." Now , I admit I had no clue on staining a guitar before I started Barn door, and that is why I went to Home Despot and bought some 2x8 to practice with every step I did on Her.  I mad a lot of mockups that were really bad till I got the color combo correct, learned how far to sand down the dark coat so the grain popped, how to apply grain filler and get it to the depth you want, and all the details I burnt in with the wood burning pen was all practiced and mistakes were all made on cheap construction grade lumber. And you could buy a veneer and learn how to cut and apply it that way also, a scrap piece of paneling would have sufficed to learn how to do that, after a few times practicing you would be competent. But then I also kept asking questions here, and read every article on staining, watched a bunch on youtube, and all, he looks like he never even thought he could make a mistake as he had no clue what could go wrong.

Back