Another Blue One

jeffreywt

I'm new here but I figured a pic would be the best way to start. Here is my sonic blue Strat that I built about 6 months ago. It has a chambered body made from all swamp ash and a birdseye maple neck. The guitar is super light but sounds huge through my amp.

It has  Fender Custom Shop '69 pickups. The second tone knob is wired to the bridge pickup. The flash photo I took makes the pickguard look pure white but it is actually parchment giving the guitar the same vintage look as my Fender '60s classic series. I actually built this guitar to the same specs to serve as a backup to my Fender but this has quickly become my primary.

blue-strat.jpg

Great forum by the way. I'll be spending some time on here reading.

That's really really nice.  Can't decide whether or not i like the gold hardware or not, but that neck is amazing!  Nice work

jalane said:
That's really really nice.  Can't decide whether or not i like the gold hardware or not, but that neck is amazing!  Nice work

Thanks for the kind words. I was torn about the hardware too but, after doings some mock-ups in Photoshop, I decided it looked nice with gold against that neck. I was lucky in that the body and neck were showcase items! It took me about 6 days from ordering online to playing the guitar.

What led me to this guitar was trying to find a sonic blue strat with maple fingerboard. Fender only makes one, short of custom shop, and that is the '50s classic series. That 50's neck profile was a no-go so Warmoth was the best way to get exactly what I wanted. The rosewood on my Fender is certainly slicker but this one is very playable with the larger fret wire. It will be just as sweet once the fingerboard gets some wear on it.

looks great! would love to see a few more shots of the guitar, especially that neck. congrats!

Very nicely done.  Gotta love a traditional color done up with some nice non-traditional accents.

Oooh that is a very classic look and very well done! Great work.
:blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

Back