Angled pickup question

MUguy1998

Please don't think I'm stupid, but I'm working on my first build guitar and I am not sure which pickups to use.  I bought Soloist with an angled humbucker at the bridge position and a single coil at the neck. 

I know that I want to put a Duncan Distortion at the bridge.  However, with it being angled, I'm not sure whether to get an SH6 or TB6.  Thoughts? 

I'm excited about the set up because I haven't had an angled bridge pickup since my old Kramer Focus 1000 that I bought after seeing a Van Halen video.

For the neck, I wanted something seymour duncan that would do a good rock and roll clean sound when I run it through a chorus.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  It has been awhile since I've played much and I want to do this right.  (I'm already addicted by the way--I've started thinking about my next build).

Thanks,

James

The TB-6 has a slightly wider pole spacing than the SH-6. That is the only difference between the two. So a TB-6 will probably work better in your bridge position.

I'm afraid I don't have enough personal experience with that line of pups to suggest a neck bucker.

the purpose of the angle is to make the gibson size humbucker fit the trem string spacing. it makes the pole spacing a bit bigger, so go with the standard humbucker, not the f spaced one.

Back