An abomination..

jerryjg

What Ghastly Horrors await? What unspeakable evil? What sheer terror lies within?
01010001-3.jpg

I bought this almost literally at the stroke of midnight Saturday night;
01010002-1-2.jpg

280.00 off Craigslist with upgraded EMG's and including the Coffin case;
01010004-1-2.jpg

Spent an hour cleaning it up, it was very dirty. Its cleaned up well, and its in excellent plus condition. No real wear, just one ding and some minor clearcoat  scratches. The strings were rusty and it hadn't been played for along time.
01010003-1-1.jpg

EMG's  sound amazing. Action is very low. Neck is chunky. Bound neck fretboard and body and neck. Carved Maple top with Mahogany body.Grover tuners. Tonepros TOM bridge. 8.4 lbs. Cloud inlays. Lot of Korean guitar for the price.
01010005-1-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Let know one speak of what they've seen here tonight;
01010001-3.jpg

bitch bitch- B.C. Rich!

stubhead said:
That's a Mockingbird. :guitarplayer2:

+1.  Somehow I knew Jerry would get the name of the guitar wrong.  :icon_jokercolor:

Nice guitar though - I wanted one 20 years ago.  :headbang:

I had one twenty-five years ago.... bought it at Guitar Resurrection in Austin TX for $400, a princely sum back then. It sounded fantastic, the original solid-quilted-maple/active preamp with creme DiMarzio thingbob (Fender Super Twin slaved from a Roland Jazz Chorus 120, ah the volume....:party07:

But it was really heavy, balanced weird and most important, it kept spiking me in what eventually became a rather sensitive area... I believe the official medical term is "guitar tit". I wish I'd had it back, cause I would've sold it in 2007 and bought a car or five Warmoths or something.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
His will never sound like that.  It won't be played through a Fender.

Okay. I was wrong. Sounds sweet through  my Fenderesque Kustom. Only Fender amp i have is a '65 Bassman, and anything sounds good through that.
I mean, I was right in a general sort of way..Humbuckers dont really get good solid distortion through a Fender amp, well, you've got to remember I had some exclusions on my list, and the twin needs blisitering volume.
But something like a general Fender , like a Deville, forget it, but then niether does single coils sound good so I guess I better say it. I was completely wrong almost. Then again, nothing sounds as sweet  clean as a Fender through a Fender, but that is wholly subjective.
I was surprised just how nice the cleans were on the Mockingbird through the Fender style Kustom amp. I mean, they ARE EMG's in it , but i guess it doesn't matter.
I'm going to make an effort to stop being so condescending, more agreeable,  and join the fold ..BAAAHH BAAAH.

Cool scoop.

In a similar vein, I bought a none-more-black '94 Ibanez IC500 here in Prague for 'silly' money... the only other one I could find for sale GLOBALLY at the time was in GC for $1899.00 (way overpriced, to be fair)

Pics of that one (andd some others) here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/album.php?aid=133437&id=731839107&ref=mf

PS, how can I post pics directly onto a page? I'm having trouble....

Back