an 800 number!!!

Volitions Advocate

The subject line says it all.

I was on the phone for over an hour today... my cell phone. and I don't have any kind of long distance plan.  I'm not sure what my bill is going to be like but it'll be more than I planned on that's for sure.

Its not in my plan.

Canadians have horrible cell phone plans.

Ever heard of a system access fee?  Yeah didn't think so. its as uniquely canadian as Tim Hortons.

EDIT: actually I dont' have a house phone. just a cellphone... which I dont' like much. but my wife insisted.  If i had a housephone I'd probably not care.  Because you're right, who pays for LD?
I guess just people who have cellphones.

Volitions Advocate said:
The subject line says it all.

I was on the phone for over an hour today... my cell phone. and I don't have any kind of long distance plan.  I'm not sure what my bill is going to be like but it'll be more than I planned on that's for sure.

Exactly.  Now think of how long callers would sit on the line if it wasn't on your dime.  Warmoth (and ultimately the customer) would have to cover those costs somewhere.  Not to sound callous, but not having a toll free number helps manage call length and volume.

Volitions Advocate said:
Yeah didn't think so. its as uniquely canadian as Tim Hortons.

We have Tim Hortons here in the US, too... but I don't know anyone who's actually been to one.  :p

I've been to several TH's and found that I preferred the coffee/donuts at 7-11 over TH  :tard:

it's cool that a hockey player found something to do after he hung up his skates, but he's got a long way to go before he reaches the product level of Starbucks, Peete's, and Dunkin' Donuts IME

:icon_jokercolor:

on the topic of 800 numbers - do you how many jr high kids would be constantly on the 800 number to 'talk shop' but never making a purchase, while all the time clogging the lines so that real paying customers couldn't get thru. no 800 number is good business sense for this case IMO

R

Back