American Stand. Hardtail bridge/ p-up question?

Johnny Roastbeef

Hello- new member here.

I plan on using a American Standard hardtail bridge on my build along with a Duncan JB in the bridge position and most likely a '59 in the neck position.

My question is: Would I need a Duncan JB trembucker in the bridge or would I need just the regular JB humbucker in the bridge in order to make the pickups poles line up with the strings?

( I will be using a Fender American Standard neck/nut in case you need that info.)

Thank you for any help you can give me in advance  :toothy12:

Good combination.  I have a Jackson Dinky and a Charvel San Dimas with the same pickup arrangement.  Ideally, with a Fender (F-spaced) bridge (fixed or trem/vibrato) you'll want to go with Trembucker spacing but sonically, it is nearly impossible to determine a difference between a trembucker and non-trembucker spaced pickup.  The string to polepiece alignment between the two is just not much of an issue.

Neo Fender said:
Good combination.  I have a Jackson Dinky and a Charvel San Dimas with the same pickup arrangement.  Ideally, with a Fender (F-spaced) bridge (fixed or trem/vibrato) you'll want to go with Trembucker spacing but sonically, it is nearly impossible to determine a difference between a trembucker and non-trembucker spaced pickup.  The string to polepiece alignment between the two is just not much of an issue.

Thank you sir! This will be my first hard tail bridge  :hello2: (looking forward to it) all my others have Floyds.

Back