Alternate strap button locations.

bruzanhd

I’m getting read to install a dimarzio clip lock strap, but I really want to put the strap button on the back of the horn rather than on the end. I like the look and balance better. Wondering if anyone would advise against this sort of arrangement? I’ll throw in a picture to show the location I mean. Also, in the spirit of discussion anyone have other preferred locations for strap buttons?

Attachments

• 62BE256A-418F-4601-8D9F-CC74E55B0E12.jpeg
    62BE256A-418F-4601-8D9F-CC74E55B0E12.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 12
I don't see why it wouldn't work there make sure the screw doesn't go through to the front of the guitar. Another idea, and a super cool look is to tie the strap onto the headstock just behind the nut.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why it wouldn't work there make sure the screw doesn't go through to the front of the guitar. Another idea, and a super cool look is to tie the strap onto the headstock just behind the nut.
Yeah the strap button screw is about 1.25” long and I think that warmoth bodies are 1.75” thick right? In any case there’s about 0.5” of safety room. Yes I could tie it off to the headstock but I think I’ll leave that for my country gigs.

For anyone wondering. I installed in the location mentioned here on my soloist body and it looks and feels great. Keeps the profile of the body looking better with a strap attached, and slightly changes where the guitar hangs.

Back