All Parts 'parts'

NonsenseTele

Epic Member
Hello guys!
I would like to know if anybody here has worked with All Parts bridges (the ones supposed made from they, like Rickenbacker bass replacement) and if it's good, ok or stinks  :icon_biggrin:

Also if I have to buy something from their site if anybody here could help me... they do not send to Brazil, ask always to send a mail to the "closest international distributor"... but the link for the Argentina distributor is to Rudy's Shop in New York.....  :tard:
The link on this shop let the to All Parts site ¬¬
So I'll send they a email, if doesn't work......

Thank you guys!

My only experience with All Parts was trying to buy a set of locking tuners at Guitar Center.  They wanted $100.00 for the damned things in chrome.  I said no thanks.  I did buy a All Parts LP style 3 way pickup switch, it seems fine, but its a switch, so thats not saying much. 

Some of their stuff is name brand, and overpriced to the public.  They invent their own "list" prices to protect their wholesale trade, which is their bread and butter.

The non name brand stuff.... not Fender, not Gibosn, not Gotoh or Schaller or Grover... or Bigsby.. can be absolutely pure junk.  And thats junk in the worst and sleaziest way.

I know of two refinishers that wont ever again use a body or neck from them.  Or other than name brand hardware.  There are other places to get things.

And, beware than "allparts" parts are all over ebay, at discount from "list" but even when the price is better the quality is still poo.

For instance - pickup covers that fit really bad, rings that are twisted, pickguard bracket (for 335) that is simply "wrong", as in... it doesn't fit at all.... that sort of thing. 

Name brand things... that bixby I just got was a usa version B7, and was had for $89 plus $7 shipping on eBay... you cant touch that on the "allparts" pricing schedule.  So use name brands, shop for deals... forget allparts except maybe for knobs and stuff (and even then there's more on ebay than what allparts sells)

Sir SchmoopY said:
pst check this out
http://www.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=215

I know it, when I first saw the name of it I get amazed but it looks weird  :tard:

I bought a set of allparts PAF humbucker covers.  The spacing is wrong for Seymour Duncans and they don't fit inside the metal HB rings Warmoth sells.

What do you guys think of this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Style-Maestro-Short-Vibrola-Tailpiece-New_W0QQitemZ120357899277QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item120357899277&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

http://www.allparts.com/store/tailpieces-tremolo-tailpieces-tp-3683-001,Product.asp

?

I think =CB= sums it up pretty well above, about AllParts.

I have bought a pair of P90 block covers that are adapted for the mini humbuckers, like you see on a LP Deluxe, but the price was OTT.

Still they were the only place I could find them.

Same applies to a lot of the less popular Gibson stuff like the Vibrola hardware and replacements knobs and other bits of plastic.

If you had a genuine early 1960s SG that needed that Maestro trem arm, then AllParts is about one of the few places to get them.

My guess is, Nonsense, that the guy selling the stuff on Ebay, has a wholesale/trade account with them and can make money by undercutting them on their retail prices.

You'd really want to know how strong that nickel is, though. If it's too thin, it's not going to stand the work demands placed on it.

CB! You be back!  :eek:ccasion14:

</hijack>
Yes, I would probably avoid the allparts stuff. The photos always look so much better than the real thing. Once bought pots from them. Never, ever again. Really light weight, loose turning, flimsy, just no good.

But Nonsense if you are set on Allparts, I know Tfarny and others are in NYC, and so right near Rudy's if you needed to use that store as your shipping address.

nathana said:
CB! You be back!  :eek:ccasion14:

</hijack>
Yes, I would probably avoid the allparts stuff. The photos always look so much better than the real thing. Once bought pots from them. Never, ever again. Really light weight, loose turning, flimsy, just no good.

But Nonsense if you are set on Allparts, I know Tfarny and others are in NYC, and so right near Rudy's if you needed to use that store as your shipping address.
That post by CB is from april last year...

NonsenseTele said:
I'm not set on Allparts and they not even send to Brazil, but I want a Vibrola/Maestro :laughing7:

Good luck in finding one. I'm looking for one to replace the one that came on my 355 from gibson.

Crappy said:
Good luck in finding one. I'm looking for one to replace the one that came on my 355 from gibson.

All Parts sell it, I'm not sure if it's a good one, that is why I asked here...
I'm now leaning to change a Bigsby B3 (probably would need to be recessed and I fear it to flow when tune the guitars, but...):

I've bought several small items from AllParts with no issues.  However, looking through their catalog - you've gotta be *real* careful to make
sure what they show (their descriptions/details are severely lacking or non-existent) in there is what you want.

The Maestro Vibrola from AllParts works about 50% of the time. Screw holes don't line up, The spring is not bent to the right angle, the trem arm does not sit right.
Thats just to name a few things wrong with them. (Thats for the long Maestro version. Which is what I'm looking for) Best bet is to try and find a used one, but the ones I found people want top dollor for them.

Back