All Indian Rosewood "Techno-caster"!

bwbass

This one's not mine, it just popped up in the Warmoth Gallery today and I thought it was the coolest thing.  I'm a bass player, not a guitar player, but if I were going to build a strat it would be something like this:

michel alphonso said:
Well here is my tone monster:
Warmoth indian rosewood and ebony fretboard neck + stainless steel jumbo frets
Warmoth Indian rosewood hollow body
Callaham vintage bridge
shaller locking tuners
QTUNER pickups from Neophyzix mounted on custom carbon fiber pickguard.
Q'FILTER' from bill lawrence on one of the pushpull pots.
Modified Earvana nut with stainless steel zero fret.

Thanks Warmoth for outstanding craftmanship,
really I don't see myself building a better guitar anytime soon.

michel alphonso
montreal-est, Quebec  canada
Here's the full gallery post: http://www.warmoth.com/gallery/gallery.cfm?fuseaction=include_container&id=1057

Sorry, but I would like to cut the "bird" of the guy who put that pickguard and pup's  :(
(Yes, I'm a little extremist  :doh:)

Dammn... that thing looks like it came out of a spaceship. I want one!!!  :headbang1:

That is a nice looking rig. I wanna know where he got the pickguard, that's sharp.
Stainless earvana AND a zero fret? what's the point? He must be confused a bit, wish he was here.

The Q-tuner pickups were brought up and discussed on an earlier thread.

The orange color in the pickups is the windings, all spun 90 degrees outta normal.  they are potted entirely in acrylic, and are really quite a leap forward in quality and craftsmanship, in a sense.

However, if you read the reviews, many say that they are thin with no character, not sure what that means, probably that they sound way different than what we are used to. They use rare earth magnets also.

Ooh, not my thing.  It's a DEVO strat! Lovely rich wood, though. Definitely needs to lose those knobs - looks like he ran out of custom-crazy money right before he got to the knobs and then raided a MIM.

Nononsense, what do you mean by 'cut the bird'? Surely you don't mean.....???

Oh! Sorry in my country we say "cut the bird" like cut the penis... specially kids says it :icon_biggrin:

neodymium magnets  NdFeB (neodymium, iron, boron) 

"The highest grade neo magnet is the most powerful magnet so far. Comparing with ceramic 8 magnets, the grade N40 neo magnet is is roughly 8 times stronger."  magnets4sale.com 

NonsenseTele said:
Oh! Sorry in my country we say "cut the bird" like cut the penis... specially kids says it :icon_biggrin:

nonsense.... But why?  :eek:

in my Country, we no have bird, the reactor she a melt down. now my child no see so good.

sorry

Schmoopy said:
neodymium magnets  NdFeB (neodymium, iron, boron) 

"The highest grade neo magnet is the most powerful magnet so far. Comparing with ceramic 8 magnets, the grade N40 neo magnet is is roughly 8 times stronger."  magnets4sale.com 

Well with magnets that strong you wouldn't need a stand. Just stick it on the fridge!! :icon_jokercolor:

I thought the drummer for Rare Earth was the singer?

The woods look great on that guitar, but the pickguard with the strange pickups and switches really kill the look of a guitar with potential for class.

If they're cutting people's dicks off now because of making weird guitars, I better find me a new forum, like, pronto.  :help:

(heard squeaking in high voice: "I like vintage! I like vintage!")

stubhead said:
If they're cutting people's dicks off now because of making weird guitars, I better find me a new forum, like, pronto.  :help:
If you can't understand a joke, perhaps...

Back