Alder body, wenge neck

briny001

Explorer style wenge/ebony neck with scalloped fretboard and stainless steel frets.  Grover locking tuners.
Two-piece alder Strat body.  I used Minwax ebony stain on the body, and it matches the neck fairly well.
It's got a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates with a push/pull pot for series/parallel.  Hipshot hardtail bridge.
I doweled one of the holes in the neck joint and shaped the heal like Fender's contoured heal.

These pictures were taken with a cell phone camera, so the quality isn't that great...

Attachments

• tmpphpsJMEF1.jpg
    tmpphpsJMEF1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 636
  • tmpphpt8BWIO.jpg
    tmpphpt8BWIO.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 583
  • tmpphpvXaPRF.jpg
    tmpphpvXaPRF.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 574
Gorgeous!  Man I'd like to try a scalloped board anyway, but a scalloped ebony board would be a dream... :kewlpics:

Oh, yeah... forgot to add:  it weighs about 6-7 lbs. and the finish is automotive clearcoat (my friend used to be a painter in the local Ford dealership's body shop).  In person, it looks like glass.

Attachments

• tmpphp37yCUQ.jpg
    tmpphp37yCUQ.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 605
  • tmpphpNXd9qv.jpg
    tmpphpNXd9qv.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 516
  • tmpphpaEdlm5.jpg
    tmpphpaEdlm5.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 486
Very Cool !! I like the minimalist approach. With a setup like that, it definatley comes down to fingers.

Congrats on the fine build!    :hello2:

-TT-

Yeah, it's my first scalloped neck.  It'll probably be my last, too, not because I don't like it, but because it's so expensive, and you can only get it in the 25.5" scale.  I favor the Gibson scale.  It's kind of funny because I usually don't like tall frets, but I really like the feel of the scalloped board.

Back