A Very Unique Strat

steel337

This is my very first build. It features a swamp ash body and a very nice quilted maple top, considering that it isn't a "high grade" top. The neck is made of raw Goncalo. Fingerboard is ebony with huge stainless steel 6100 frets. Tuners are Sperzel locking tuners, while the bridge is a very nice GFS 2-point hardened steel tremolo (with full sized steel block and stainless steel saddles). The guitar is finished beautifully in Brown Dye and is topped off with immaculate drop top natural masked binding. All hardware is gold to wrap things up. Pickups are a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge, a DiMarzio Area '61 in the middle, and a DiMarzio Area '58 in the neck. My goal for this guitar was to achieve both the sounds of a Les Paul and a Stratocaster® style guitar, but with the beauty of a PRS, and I think I've achieved that goal. Thank you Warmoth for such a beautiful sounding and looking instrument.

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

WOW!!!
Very nice first build...  She is a beauty  :glasses9:
How do you like that pick-up selection?  Sounds nice!
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Thanks for the comments. I like the pickup combination quite a lot actually. The Pearly Gates is sitting pretty high under the strings, and it gives me a great hot PAF sound. And I'm really impressed with the DiMarzios. Completely noiseless, yet still retain that vintage woody character of a good single coil. The middle pickup with some gain gets really raunchy and sounds amazing, while switching to the neck pickup gives you a really really sweet syrup-like tone. Of course in between positions sound just like a Strat (Hendrix, Vaughan-esque tone).

Beautiful guitar and great effort for your first.  I like the gold hardware, the natural binding and the quilted top.  Lots better than a CS  :icon_thumright:

Wow.  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just wow.

Excellent build. Enjoy playing it, that sort of guitar is the stuff that makes you proud.  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:  :eek:ccasion14:

Really like it dude. How'd the GFS trem turn out? I though I had heard bad things about their hardware... Nice pickups choice and fantastic guitar. I really like it.

A unique strat - haha - funny that i just finished mine and then saw yours!!! Almost the same!

Nice taste mate - nice taste!

funny actually that i had the same trem as you to start off  - its not a bad unit apart from the gold wares off very quickly and the trem bar quickly became wobble as the nylon collar broke down.

Niiiiice!! It's funny that you should say that the top isn't a high grade one. This one is damn nice, man. I really like the Unique Strat.

Hey, that reminds me of a joke....the original joke uses a rabbit but we'll go with Strat here....

Q: How do you catch a unique strat?

A: Unique up on it.

Back