A Strat I couldn't find to buy

That's definitely looking good. That blue gets nicer every time I see it.

Justatele>> I did not shield my first build and I think I will do my next

Sheild your wiring, not the cavities. That'll make a difference, whereas the cavity work is just for looks.

That looks so sharp w/ the blue - I wonder if you can get a copper pickguard?

I have the same schallers on my neck, except gold  :laughing7:

Still waiting on gaining the cash to get my body on the go, shall be a badass strat!

swarfrat said:
That looks so sharp w/ the blue - I wonder if you can get a copper pickguard?
The pickguard is currently white. The guitar should look like a cloud in the sky: Blue guitar, white plastic parts and chrome for metal parts.
But copper seems to be a good idea too  :laughing7:

elfro89 said:
I have the same schallers on my neck, except gold

Still waiting on gaining the cash to get my body on the go, shall be a badass strat!
Would be cool to see the making-of :)
I've also waiting for some cash to get a proper amp for this guitar. I'm fancy to Engl, but they are expensive.

reery said:
Would be cool to see the making-of :)
I've also waiting for some cash to get a proper amp for this guitar. I'm fancy to Engl, but they are expensive.

If its amps your looking for I just recently bought a Hughes and kettner statesman head for a stupid stupid price, http://www.thomann.de/gb/hugheskettner_statesman_dual_el34_head.htm

Your getting a fairly mid to high end amp for £450. Complete steal. I honestly think this amp is a great mix between clean and drive. The clean channel is made for a strat. The drive channel is great, so far I've managed to get everything I wanted out of it. They are Worth checking out if you aren't familiar with them already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2KJN1FFx3I

That's looking really great.  I'm a bass player, so I'm not into these 6 string things, but looks like a great build...your photography is excellent too!

umcoo said:
That's looking really great.  I'm a bass player, so I'm not into these 6 string things, but looks like a great build...your photography is excellent too!
Thanks! I'm using an old Canon 40D with a 85mm f1.8. So I'm quite limited with this lens but on the other side the image quality is over the top. I tried my 17-85 but even if it is versatile it doesn't stand a chance against the 85mm.
All images were shot at ISO 1600 and between f1.8 and f2.8.
I've found one user here who makes gorgeous pictures, have to ask him about his equipment ;) - oh the user is called smjenkins.

Its not a limitation of the lens, just places to stand. (Unless near focus is an issue, which it is for the pair of lenses I've had the longest.)

She's looking real nice. :icon_thumright: I hate to burst your bubble, though, but on the trem cavity that copper shield will turn color over time just like a shiny penny (I dunno if you are leaving it open or not).  I have to agree with Cagey over the whole shielding thing, but on my personal builds that have a bunch of switches and non shielded wires exposed, I always shield the control cavity, but not the pickup routes, etc.  I bet you can't wait to hear what it sounds like. :rock-on:

Guys, I've got a problem.

As I mentioned earlier I ordered a pickguard with 'wrong' humbucker routing.

Here you can see what I've ordered: http://www.warmoth.com/Pickguard/StratPickguard.aspx
Just place humbucker-strat-humbucker as pickups.

I wanted to wait to get my humbuckers delivered and check if it isn't that bad... have a look at these pictures:

pickguard1e.jpg

pickguard2.jpg

pickguard3.jpg

Do you think the fat-humbucker-routing would be a better choice?

looks fine to me.

Fat humbucker would be a lil cleaner, but not sure if it's worth a whole new pickguard for that minor change.

Umm... who cut those pickup reveals? And while you're answering questions, what is it you're asking?

Cagey said:
Umm... who cut those pickup reveals? And while you're answering questions, what is it you're asking?
Warmoth cut them, they're ok, but just too big to use them without a frame.
My question was, should I spend 80$ for a new pickguard with fat-humbucker routing for visual sake? (Shipping costs 50$)

reery said:
Cagey said:
My question was, should I spend 80$ for a new pickguard with fat-humbucker routing for visual sake? (Shipping costs 50$)
I guess you live overseas? What I would recommend is have someone else cut it out. It would be cheaper to ship, and you could ask for a tighter fit.

Max said:
reery said:
Cagey said:
I guess you live overseas? What I would recommend is have someone else cut it out. It would be cheaper to ship, and you could ask for a tighter fit.
The fastest way from Puyallup to my home is to dig a hole through the earth.
It isn't cheaper to get a new one cut here. I've already asked some luthiers and they'll do it for at least 100-150$, because it's custom, lefty blabla and so on.

ocguy106 said:
I guess you could use pickup rings as well
I don't want to use them :/

Addition:
I've asked some guys here and they told me it doesn't look that good with so much space between the pickguard and the pickup. I've ordered one with fat-humbucker-cut right now, should be here within a week.

Wow, and again: Warmoth is fast.
Ordered on Thursday and they sent the parcel yesterday.

warmothups2.png

The nameless lady will get finished this week  :icon_biggrin:

Everything arrived today, even the long missed pickups.
I'm gonna solder everything tonight and set it up tomorrow.

picksy.jpg

3 pick-ups, Super Distortion, Pro Track and Air Norton (left to right)

pickguards.jpg

2 pickguards, on the left-hand side fat-humbucker-cut, normal humbucker-cut on righthand side.

electronicsys.jpg

Testing electronics. Overview is still present.

electronics1.jpg

Soldering was the hardest job on this guitar by far. It cost me a lot of nerves, blood and sweat to get it done.

But... it's finished now!  :icon_biggrin:

Here is the picture after the setup process. It will get polished for a nice shooting tomorrow. See you then in the finished-section ;)

guitarbig.jpg

Back