A solution to your strings being to close to the edge

Logrinn

You know the problem; the high e string being to close to the edge of the fretboard because you've got a vintage tremolo bridge. They're 2-7/32" (56.36mm) from E to E (well the Gotoh version is anyway)

Well, I happened to see while looking on ABM's website that they've got some interesting versions of vintage tremolo bridges. Two versions, both with "vintage mounting hole spacing" and while one have the usual wide string spacing the other have a narrow string spacing, like this:

5050_2_1.jpg

150974764445055600_resized.jpg

:sign13: Something to consider perhaps - even if they're quite expensive - if you've got that Strat with the strings too wide apart ...

You gotta love ABM. They make nice stuff. Callaham does the same thing here, for an equally outrageous price.

There you go. Two solutions to that problem. Not bad. And Callaham will probably be "cheaper" for people in the US considering the shipping and duty costs for the ABM one.

They aren't the only ones, but they're pretty rare. I had to get one a couple/few years ago for somebody who ordered a vintage Strat bridge from Warmoth and ended up with the dreaded string spacing problem.

Not a trem but i am using this Schaller on a current build.  You can rotate the rollers to custom adjust each string.

Attachments

• IMG_0198.JPG
    IMG_0198.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 344
Back