A question about strat-style pickguard interchangeability...

Phobos

I own a Schecter Sun Valley Super Shredder FS, currently has the standard HH pickguard and some active pickups I'm not overly wild about. I'd like to get some passives installed and change the pickup configuration to HSS, which means a new pickguard -- but none of the custom sites have an option for Schecters and there doesn't seem to be a 'pickguards' section on Schecter's website.

My question here is, could I just buy a deluxe strat pickguard (routed for floyd rose, HSS config) and alter it to fit the 24 fret neck? (I'm not above going HH and cutting the top of the neck humbucker slot out and physically lowering it, removing enough material to make a single coil slot in the appropriate spot)

I just don't understand whether all strat-clones have the same general pickguard dimensions.

Thanks!

Edit: I know it's trickier to go from active to passive pickups, I'm gonna pay for that part

Phobos said:
I just don't understand whether all strat-clones have the same general pickguard dimensions.

They do not. They can vary from company to company - shape, screw hole, location of the pickups, the notch for the trem, even where the knobs go. That's not to say it won't fit, but there is no guarantee.

DuckBaloo said:
They do not. They can vary from company to company - shape, screw hole, location of the pickups, the notch for the trem, even where the knobs go. That's not to say it won't fit, but there is no guarantee.
Thanks!

Back