A long awaited rebuild 89 Strat

pesocaster

First up is to rebuild my beloved and heavily modified 89' Strat Pluss Deluxe.

the neck is SHOT..... 3 refrets and in need of a 4th....and after 17 years in the PAC NW the neck has become "squishy" it's lost it's stability...  this poor old guitar has seen everything in the last 31 years.... tons of electronic and cosmetic modifications, more gigs than I can remember and every recording session I've been on..... after being retired for the last several years it needed some new life breathed into it..... I hated that it was just sitting in a case! Now it is back in the daily lineup.... could not be more pleased!!

The roasted maple necks are unbelievable! .... the feel is fantastic and they are the only necks that are rock solid stable in the Colorado climate! Whomever is working in the neck shop is Killing it!!

New Roasted Maple neck Vintage Modern reverse Strat, 59, 1 11/16, LSR, 6100's
New Pickguard a little Hendrix vibe going on....  Loaded with a Righteous Sound custom set of pickups (California Neck and Middle and Stratobadger Bridge) ....

Seriously, Josh makes THE best pickups I have ever played in my 40 years of playing if you haven't tried them you are missing out! https://www.righteoussoundpickups.com/

Attachments

• peso 1.jpg
    peso 1.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 16
  • peso 2.jpg
    peso 2.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 20
  • peso 3.jpg
    peso 3.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 14
  • peso 34.jpg
    peso 34.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 8
  • peso 6.jpg
    peso 6.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 10
  • peso 7.jpg
    peso 7.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 23
Excellent, good job on the rebuild. However, I can see by the background that you obviously do not have enough guitars. I can still see part of the wall behind those cases. You must get more guitars, Sir. :icon_thumright: :hello2:  :guitaristgif:

Oh man..... I need another guitar like a whole in the head...... ok maybe a few more... ha ha ha

Pesocaster (RobR) said:
Oh man..... I need another guitar like a whole in the head...... ok maybe a few more... ha ha ha

I'm sure you have heard the rule. Spouse,"How many guitars do you NEED?"  Guitarist,"All of them."  :dontknow:

what you can's see in the photos is the full row of cases behind the acoustic cases..... and the spouse is fully behind my "collection" ..... Many a Mortgage payments have been made from these guitars..... at one point I had about 45.... down to under 25. ha ha ha

Pesocaster (RobR) said:
what you can's see in the photos is the full row of cases behind the acoustic cases..... and the spouse is fully behind my "collection" ..... Many a Mortgage payments have been made from these guitars..... at one point I had about 45.... down to under 25. ha ha ha
I could have told my wife they were tools not toys if I earned money with one :doh: Nice work on that rebuild :icon_thumright:

Back