A Lester for riverbluff

Tonar8352

I started on riverbluff's Lester today so here are some progress pictures. This will be a faded ice tea burst. We are using the more traditional lemon yellow as a starting point because we are going for this look
IceTea2_zpsa0d1d194.jpg

Here it is raw.
IMG_9120_zps8111031a.jpg

And with the lemon dye.
IMG_9124_zps289c1dd8.jpg

I big thanks to Toner and his eye.  He found the exact colour I was looking for.  This build is gonna be a total 50's style.  Chrome hardware and cover pickups, cream pickup rings, gold knobs, and even considering a pickguard (but probably not).

subscribed...I love my tea...
That almost looks like a lemon burst.  My tea burst is much darker around the edges.
http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/2712/Gibson-Custom-Shop-58-Les-Paul-VOS-Lemonburst/
58_Les_Paul_VOS_Lemonburst_80366_1.jpg

Anyhow...as long as you have a goal who cares what is it called.

Yesterday was the Burstday for this guitar also but I was busy getting the binding scraped on Hanna's so I just got the melt coat on today and will start scraping the binding next.
IMG_9158_zpse01784c0.jpg

This guitar has real subtle grain but at the correct angle it is amazing. This really has the look of some vintage 59 Lester tops.
IMG_9166_zpsc1d07924.jpg

IMG_9168_zps091f36d6.jpg

Looking nice.  I always liked the iced tea burst.  I have a feeling that there's gonna be a flood of LPs competing in GOTM soon due to the blowout sale. 

The body and neck arrived today.  Greg did an outstanding job with the finish on both.  I'll try to get some pictures of it later today.  The body is going to be hard to capture in a picture but I'll do my best.

Looking forward to seeing how you do the back, as I'm scratching my head about finishing a mahogany body now.  :icon_thumright:

Back