A Boomerang, some fancy cables, and a Pedal Python

Verne Bunsen

Hi all. So, when you are running a Boomerang looper in a stereo FX loop, it makes for rather a lot of goes-intas and goes-outtas. Couple that with the fact that said Boomerang looper will invariably need to be positioned in a location that is too far for your longest short cable and too close for your shortest long cable, and things start getting out of hand. Like the fractal in that book about the dinosaurs. If you go in without a plan, you end up with an abomination like this:

Photo%20Aug%2027%2C%204%2028%2031%20PM.jpeg

Photo%20Aug%2027%2C%204%2029%2015%20PM.jpeg

Photo%20Aug%2027%2C%204%2028%2050%20PM.jpeg

That's where I was. A real rock-bottom affair. I knew I could do better. So I ordered some Canare GS-6 cable in 4-colors and some Neutrik NP2X-B jacks from MarkerTek, and I ordered a cable organization system called Pedal Python. I have been procrastinating a bit on this project because my soldering iron lives in the garage and it is as hot as the surface of the sun in there. But I finally sucked it up and got it done. Four color-coded GS-6 cables at 6' 8-1/2" long and the Pedal Python sleeve:

Photo%20Aug%2027%2C%208%2039%2042%20PM.jpeg

Photo%20Aug%2027%2C%209%2006%2043%20PM.jpeg

It really cleaned things up. I like it a lot. The cables are great, the Pedal Python is simple and effective, I'm calling this one a win.

Photo%20Aug%2027%2C%209%2045%2041%20PM.jpeg

Photo%20Aug%2027%2C%209%2047%2031%20PM.jpeg

Photo%20Aug%2027%2C%209%2047%2000%20PM.jpeg

Now, THAT's neat! Look'n good for sure. And just BTW, I order my supplies for MarkerTek too, right up the road from me, good prices, great service, fast shipping.  :glasses9:

It may have been you that put me on to MarkerTek, I know I learned of them here on the forum. I've purchased from them a few times since. As you say, good prices, great service, quick shipping, what else does a guy need?

There is just something about color-coded cabling. Mix in a slick cable-organizing solution? Oh yeah.....

I kinda liked that pile coil of cables behind your Boomerang. :icon_biggrin:

You know, that Pedal Python is the slickest thing I've seen in a while. I have a mess and I only have two pedals. I'll remember that for the future and for other things, like behind a computer.

Rick said:
What brand of stand is that?

The music stand is by Manhasset. I believe it is the Conductor model. After dealing with flimsy cheap-o music stands for pretty much my whole life, I can say with certainty that having a good one is a real treat.

Rgand said:
I kinda liked that pile coil of cables behind your Boomerang. :icon_biggrin:

You know, that Pedal Python is the slickest thing I've seen in a while. I have a mess and I only have two pedals. I'll remember that for the future and for other things, like behind a computer.

Yeah, I think it kind of looks like snakes has a modern art thing of its own going on. Kind of a comment on the inherent instability and unpredictability of even seemingly simple systems. Meanwhile the counterpoint is a celebration of Man's drive and ability to impart order, even if only superficially, onto that which was only chaos....  :icon_scratch:

I hadn't thought about that, but the Pedal Python probably would work a treat for other applications. I love the simplicity. There are a series of velcro ties that secure the cable bundle before the sleeve goes on, so nothing moves around in the sleeve, simple solutions.

Photo%20Aug%2027%2C%208%2055%2030%20PM.jpeg

Back