6 string Gecko neck-alikes?

I'm waffling like a Belgian on my upcoming build(s?*) - I already bought some nice planks of ash & purpleheart for some bodies, but now I find myself contemplating a Gecko 6 string. However, I don't know how comfortable it would be - I tried a friends Ibanez 6 (I think it was the cheapest Gio 6) and it felt... wrong in my hand.

I'm guessing it was hardly a close analogue to the asymetric Gecko 6, though.... so does anyone know of a bass I could find in a store that would be somewhere close to the Gecko 6?  Alternately, anyone in the Puget Sound region with a fretless Gecko 6 I could play for a bit?

I don't want to spend the $$$ & waiting time on a 6 only to find it's too wide to be comfy.  :sad1:

* - I want as much string/chord/harmonic anchor notes/etc as possible, so maybe have a high5 tuned down a step to D-G-C-F-Bb w/2 hipshot detuners on the low strings to switch to B-E-C-F-Bb.  But then maybe I'll build a regular BEADG 5 string, and an EADGC hi-5.  I'd like to have a regular bass, but also a headless travel/practice bass, and I kinda like the challenge of doing a headless bass.  Since I'm building the bodies anyway, it wouldn't be a big deal to figure out how to do the headless install. That would be much more expensive than a single 5 w/detuners or a 6 string, though; I'd have to decide which I wanted first.  So from a player's versatility standpoint, I'd like a 6, but not if it's not super comfy to play.  Yes, I'm way overthinking this. :  )

I'd offer mine, but I reshape all of my bass necks, so you wouldn't exactly get a representative sample.

I've reshaped them at home by bringing the nut width in a bit and taking some of the shoulder off the necks.

If I break it, I've already bought it....

Back