401K plans vs. Warmoth investment

jackthehack

Epic Member
All my friends and co-workers are heading towards manic depression/suicidal tendencies as their 401Ks are down 25-50% over the last year adding in this weeks carnage so far, depending which funds they were foolish enough to invest in.

The ca. 11K that I would have invested in my 401K that I instead investing in Warmoth wood is up by my conservative estimate by about 20.5% in the same period, helped out by some judicious fortune in picking up some real bargains at up to 50% of retail value.

So my net positive spread is almost 45% against the DJ or S&P 500 indices.

My $2500 "gambling fund" I invest in put options betting that the equity pricing of companies managed by total retards is up to $23,197.57 after commisions YTD (Thanks Sprint Nextel, Lehman Bros and Washington Mutual!).

That's only if you sell all your guitars, Jack!  Do you really want to do that? I have five 6 string electrics and dont want to part with any of them.

Brian

My 401k is down by 20% this year.  I am considering the sub-mattress retirement plan... the interest rate is better!  :doh:

My retirement plans are eight and four years old.  Those kids better take care of me when I'm old!  Really, I've got nothing else.

Markets fluctuate, if your not retiring soon, your money will more than likely be back, and up of what it was a year go. Hopefully a new Pres will try to push some smart economic plans through, although i doubt either knows anything about economics.

Too high brow,clickitty,clickitty for me Jack . . .I'm down 60% , sad, but I still have my " My Next Warmoth Build Mad Money Account " totally untouched by    Wall Streets' madness .

Just so you know .  :icon_thumright:

"That's only if you sell all your guitars, Jack!  Do you really want to do that? I have five 6 string electrics and dont want to part with any of them."

I've sold a couple and have start selling some more; just flat out of space...

"My retirement plans are eight and four years old.  Those kids better take care of me when I'm old!  Really, I've got nothing else."

Bad plan, children are notoriously bad investments unless you raise them as cheaply as possible and sell them to North African Arab slave traders by the age of 8.

"Markets fluctuate, if your not retiring soon, your money will more than likely be back, and up of what it was a year go. Hopefully a new Pres will try to push some smart economic plans through, although i doubt either knows anything about economics."

You've been listening to Suze Orman and the market touts that naked shorted your portfolio for 25+ points and are leaving you holding a bag empty except for shit and are making plans to retire to the Cote d'Azure and have been telling you that story so often that you believe it. MAYBE if you're in your early 20s that may come to pass. Truth is, after 8 years of the foxes watching the chicken coop and unbridled greed and avarice taken to whole new heights, there's nothing left to steal. This latest $85 billion bailout is just further staving off the inevitable day of devaluation reckoning in the equity and financial markets, and you, your children, your grandchildren and another generation or two just signed the bill by uninformed proxy...

As far as the economy goes, it doesn't matter that much, whomever gets elected gets to preside over a mess of Biblical proportions for which in all  reality they will have very limited options to ameliorate or control. I am recommending the Democratic brand, as the Republican brand is comprised of an even more depraved band of more vicious, greedier thuggery much more likely to revert this country into an ever increasing Fascist state, and lack the intellect to even appreciate the Orwellian irony of their "freedom/patriotic" propoganda.

An economy based entirely on constant, endless growth, in a world of limits, is bound to have some (ahem) "Market Adjustments." The U.S. has had 150 years of a historically-unprecedented combination of factors* - free land, free water, near-free energy (you just DIG IT OUT OF THE GROUND....) That's ALL blown now - hmmm, market adjustment time. If anything, we have most to fear from the dropping water tables out west - 30 years of pumping water out to build golf courses for millionaires in Phoenix & Las Vegas - yes LET'S GROW GRASS IN THE DESERT instead of FOOD CROPS, folks. The geologists and biologists who study stuff say that the "grain belt" states are merely reverting to their natural, semi-arid state, after a bizarre 100-year wet period that happened to coincide with a huge boom in American productivity & growth - it's easier to dream big when you're not starving... (Optimistic) farmers like to call it a drought, 12 years and counting, but it's a "drought" that may last a thousand years. $12-a-gallon gasoline ain't nothing compared to $20-a-loaf bread.

*(Note: My list doesn't include an exclusive dispensation from God, or an enormously-"special" breed of humanity {must be sumptin' in the water, Jake*})

*{WAT water, Abe? etc.}

In the ever increasing need to conserve energy, the light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished indefinetly. At least the music lives on!

""The "light at the end of the tunnel" is an oncoming freight train.""

Loaded with products made in China! :laughing7:

Brian

You'd do better investing in Fender and Gibson than Warmoth, but the ante is less on Warmoth, thats for sure.

That "I hate to spend $450" blackface Deluxe Reverb, purchased in 1998 has done ok for itself in ten years.... thats for sure.

Back