#3 A Work in Progress

Orpheo, hadn't realized you were the sensitive type!  You kept your composure pretty well through the Crimson ordeal...

That is one nice guitar though...

Tonar8353 said:
I stand in humble awe of the paint job on that bad boy!  

Me too.  :eek:

And that coming from you makes me really proud of being able to say it's mine.  :eek:ccasion14:

Something worth mentioning: It's smooth as glass, can't feel any tape lines from the flame work or edging.  :headbang1:

Death by Uberschall said:
elgravos said:
Orpheo, hadn't realized you were the sensitive type!  

As Orpheo put it, "It's THAT awesome"!!!  :eek:ccasion14:

It will make grown men cry.  :icon_biggrin:
"I'm back in the saddle again......I'm baaaaaaaaaaack.....".... :kewlpics:

Orpheo said:
this guitar almost made me cry. its THAT awesome. and I have seen my share of GREAT guitars.

WOW, that's quote worthy right there.  :icon_jokercolor:

I wondered when you would chime in. Glad you like it.  :eek:ccasion14:

I figured you would pop up and say somethihng about how I should have gone exotic and not liking the maple board.   :laughing7:

no, this guitar 'needs' a flamed maple board. if I may be so bold (if not, skip the rest of this post :D )

The only thing I would do different is have a clearcoat binding, is possible, and use a charcoal black back, not the opaque black, cause I like to see wood. but the overall execution of the project, the top, finish, woodchoice, HEADSTOCK, that little red piece... its just awesome. I can only HOPE that my projects will be as nice as this one.

just do me a favor: don't enter the 'guitar of the month warmoth finished' contest. please.... let's make it fair for others, ok?

elgravos said:
Orpheo, hadn't realized you were the sensitive type!  You kept your composure pretty well through the Crimson ordeal...

That is one nice guitar though...

haha, well, this guitar is just very, very nice, and goes to show how awesome warmoth is.

about the crimson ordeal: just one more week. thats the timeframe I've given him to ship my shit(ty guitars) uhm.... lovely custombuilds!

just realised; I'm not really into flashy paintjobs on guitars of my own, but I do like them on other people's guitars, and this one is one of the few I'd consider having (on a les paul, though, but with the flamed maple board, yeah... seriously!).

Orpheo said:
Orpheo said:
this guitar almost made me cry. its THAT awesome. and I have seen my share of GREAT guitars.

WOW, that's quote worthy right there.  :icon_jokercolor:

I wondered when you would chime in. Glad you like it.  :eek:ccasion14:

I figured you would pop up and say somethihng about how I should have gone exotic and not liking the maple board.   :laughing7:

no, this guitar 'needs' a flamed maple board. if I may be so bold (if not, skip the rest of this post :D )

The only thing I would do different is have a clearcoat binding, is possible, and use a charcoal black back, not the opaque black, cause I like to see wood. but the overall execution of the project, the top, finish, woodchoice, HEADSTOCK, that little red piece... its just awesome. I can only HOPE that my projects will be as nice as this one.

just do me a favor: don't enter the 'guitar of the month warmoth finished' contest. please.... let's make it fair for others, ok?

Glad you really like it.

I asked about the clean line on the sides being done where the maple top meets the mahogany like they normally do, but because of the multiple paint steps and taping required, the gloss black needed to be brought up to the top edge.

I thought about going with a transparent black on the back, but I really wanted the top to "POP" and went with the darkest gloss black.

And you know I'm going to have to enter it, gotta make it 3 for 3.  :icon_jokercolor:

Orpheo said:
just realized; I'm not really into flashy paint jobs on guitars of my own, but I do like them on other people's guitars, and this one is one of the few I'd consider having (on a les paul, though, but with the flamed maple board, yeah... seriously!).

Better lock your wallet away!!

:headbang1:

Orpheo%252520LP2.JPG

Orpheo%252520LP1.JPG

Those are pretty sweet, would look better with binding and shadow under the flames like After Burner... :headbang1:

Back