2:nd Warmoth ordered - and because of you guys - a model I never thought I'd buy

Logrinn

Yep, I've just ordered my second Warmoth body and no less than two necks, meaning I'll have three necks when everything arrives.
So what is this body I hear you say? What kind of body did I never in a million years think I'd buy?
It's a ... wait for it ... a 7/8-Tele (together with a Mustang neck - I'm a 24 inch scale guy, remember). :guitaristgif:

Very exciting as you all know.

Specs? Well, here goes: chambered alder/alder body that's going to get a satin dakota red paint job. I have an image in my mind of red together with cream details, like the pickups, mounting rings and knobs and so forth (probably from some Gibson ad I've seen but can't find). Chrome hardware. I'm getting the am.std flat hardtail again. I'm quite fond of that bridge.

As for the neck that goes with it ... I'll think I'll save that for later as a surprise  :laughing7:

I can't find the color scheme I have in mind, but here are some that looks a bit like the one that have inspired me:
IMG_1778-400x400.jpg
19809_SG_Special_Heritage_Cherry_Vintage_Gloss_2014_140058102_1.jpg

That sounds awesome. What pickup arrangement are you going for? Are you looking at more of a lower output guitar this time round?

Satin Dakota Red?  Nice!  And the cream/chrome combo sounds like a great compliment to the color. 
Really looking forward to whatever you've got going on with those necks!

@Axkoa: Lower output pickups? I don't understand what you are saying  :icon_scratch:

Just kidding!  :icon_biggrin:
Actually I was so impressed with my P90 pickups from Dimarzio that I will chose Dimarzios for this Tele, although ordinary humbuckers.
In the bridge I'll go with the Steve Special, since the P90 I have in the bridge is supposed to sound most similar to this one. In the neck I'm going for a low output humbucker called The Humbucker from Hell, that are supposed to sound like a Strat but with the power from a PAF.
So in three words to your last questions Yes and No.

@Zebra: Yes, I think it will be very nice as well. Can't wait.
And I think you'll like my neck choice  :icon_thumright:

This is your second?  As in you've only done one other?  Wow, I pegged you for a guy working on his 10th or something.  Looking forward to it man.

My 2:nd Warmoth, yes, but I've lost count of all the guitars I've owned over the years. It took me maaaany years to realize that it was all a matter of scale length for me. 24" to be precise. Ie short scale. And Warmoth is the only place where I can get just that. A proper 24" scale guitar built like I want it.

Back