$2,300.00 Sculpted Art Meteorite Guitar Pick...I kid you not...

muttznmongrelz

:-x :-x :-x ...and it's "tuned" no less!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sculpture-Relic-meteorite-guitar-pick-for-the-master_W0QQitemZ360150964411QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item53daab98bb&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Find your edge. Release the energy!

Name: RELIC. Artist: AC – TX, USA. Date of completion: 4/27/09. Material/description: iron meteorite sculpture, used as a guitar pick. Drop it on a counter and it rings like a coin in C# (554.37/1108.73 Hz frequencies). Very tough, high tensile strength.

Audio clip from live concert coming soon via auction player. Youtube of this pick’s creation and that live event also to be aired.

*TRADE* for any good EVH Frankenstrat ($1000+ range please, MAYBE would take two lower models) that I like after testing/looking over for spec (we'd have to meet). Preferably American Fender, Charvel, Kramer, Washburn?, or unique but true Frankenstrat, serious mods, waxed pickup(s), everything, stripes, blue/yellow, w/b, red/white. Finished, ready, relic'd. Vintage NOT boutique. Somewhat particular but need Frankenstrat(s) now. Maybe you've outgrown the Van Halen days, but me, I am trying a tribute thing. Wish me luck!

Freak of nature and craft. A slightly oversized meteorite guitar pick made from meteorite material of the Canyon Diablo meteor crater, Arizona, United States. This may be the first guitar pick of its kind offered anywhere. Pre-aged or "reliced" finish adds character to say the least. One side shows an etching, the other side shows a regmaglypt (one of the natural thumbprints that meteorites have), so this would be an endpiece ground flat. There are beautiful impurities and inclusions that look like symbols and letters in the finish. Don’t ask me how, but after grinding to completion one looks like a "C" and the pick's pitch is C#. Pick will be accompanied by tag with artist’s name and information about the piece.

Measurements: 1.5 x 1.2 x 3/64ths inches; (3.75 cm x 3 cm x 1.2 mm @ thick end). Weighs 7.46 grams.

Without getting too technical (you can always Google or Wiki for that), the Canyon Diablo meteorite is roughly 92% iron, 7% nickel, 1% rare earths. It came straight from the iron core of a wayward planetoid in outer space to what is now called Canyon Diablo about 50,000 years ago. The mass of iron was 80-100 feet in diameter and 50,000 to 100,000 TONS. It left a nearly mile wide meteor crater, the first ever discovered/confirmed crater, and also one of the best preserved on earth due to the arid desert climate.

Desert region… The earliest inhabitants, Clovis and Paleo hunter-gatherers passed through up to 13,000 years back. Ancestors of Hopi and Navajo settled the area over a thousand years ago. They farmed and thrived agriculturally between 1000-1300 AD, during a time of particularly nice weather and soil conditions. You can see many remnants of their existance if you look closely, potsherds of broken pottery, glimpses of large, worn petroglyphic relief in the shadows of strange sandstone boulders. A place of deep mystical power, these giant cobbles depict legends of demons, beings and "star-people", which I find very interesting. I have some Hopi friends on Third Mesa who I’ve asked about this but they don’t go much into detail. They literally said, "I should know" or that I’m close to knowing… They are highly interested in UFOs and the supernatural. They say that many visit the area between them and "the pit" (crater) nearby. There are fascinating beliefs as to that crater being caused by a UFO back in the times of the "Ancient Ones", and this lends itself to pre-Clovis beliefs that will have to be ironed-out later.

The Spanish explored the region and thought it was a canyon with demons, and so named it. The late 1800’s saw the city of Canyon Diablo spring up. Just a ghost town now, but it was a rough and tumble place of 2,000 people back then. It was the place (if you’ve heard this story) that would recruit sheriffs who lasted only hours or days, until one day a preacher from Texas came and lasted 35 days – killing a man a day.

After the turn of the century a powerful presence in the area was that of earlier meteoritic scientists Shoemaker and Nininger, who gravitated to the crater and the southwest. Harvey Nininger was quite an amazing go-getter; a renegade of scientists that always carried magnets and once drilled deep into the middle of the crater – he lived 99 years.

You can be awestruck on a planetary scale. Science, superstition, it’s easy to get a vision in this place – if that is your quest. You may feel as if someone is watching over you there. If you try to collect meteorites near the crater – they will jump out and GET YA! (There are crater police – it’s private property).

There won’t be too many of these floating around… This is the first one. The next one is made at a time of my choice. This is art – just like your songs; every pick is different. Each one based on the natural shape, grain and flow of the parent material. With minimum waste it was cut and ground to around 1 millimeter thick, polished, then etched with an acid solution. Etching brings out the natural crisscrossed Widmanstatten pattern; a pleasing finish that also lets you know it is 100% iron-nickel meteorite. In this case (on one side) the lines of nickel are very thin and the treated iron has a pewter-like color. Meteorites can be identified by this pattern; it is the interleaving crystal structure of the iron and nickel. Like a watermark, you can even tell which kind of meteorite it is.

This is what I would make for myself. It is purpose. It is utilitarian like our ancestors. It is a handcrafted pick I can contemplate. A monster that can attack each singular note and string with maximum control all the way from total bite down to a lower glistening dynamic. I admit, may have tested it a bit too much if you’ll pardon me – it keeps an edge though; almost too much for strings, it bites ‘em and you can hear the difference! Besides how you or I would wield this miniature sword, there are many other things at play here, things that I rather like.

"It was out among the stars and planets and it wandered millions or billions of years, it came from space and it landed in the desert American Southwest. It sat for 50,000 years and held up pretty good too. Some of it found superb utility with the Clovis people and native Americans, then the Old Spanish explorers on up to blacksmithing ranchers. Then it was found by a hardluck miner who was wandering for weeks, given to a craftsman who worked it for days as it took shape. And then tested a spell near the South Texas crossroads by some ace with vintage guitar equipment." If that ain’t legendary mojo I don’t know what is.

Own the most advantageous equipment possible. Set this pick to your guitar and make it scream like the free-range horses, take to the sky like a desert eagle and surf with the aliens!

Here is what the metaphysical crystal charts have to say about meteorite: (Promotes) "benevolence, adventure, creativity, communication, and intuition. Enhances the awareness of past lives, whether on earth or elsewhere (!?) and opens channels of comminication with aliens." WooooooooOOOOoooooooow

Shipping worldwide. USA $10 (insured). Rest of world - ask for quote.

Intergalactic...planetary...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mk0xmCZQWmk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mk0xmCZQWmk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bahahaha!

Altho.. I do like the party of the story about the guy from texas... good job texas guy.

Doug can you make picks on the CNC and sell them for way too much?

:evil4:

LOL, oh that awesome!
I like these two phrases in the same description:
"Without getting too technical..."
Which was proceeded by:
"A slightly oversized meteorite guitar pick made from meteorite material..."
No, not very technical..

It's even reliced!

Then he starts going on about the native Americans...

LOL
Oh this is getting forwarded...

LOL

"It was out among the stars and planets and it wandered millions or billions of years, it came from space and it landed in the desert American Southwest. It sat for 50,000 years and held up pretty good too. Some of it found superb utility with the Clovis people and native Americans, then the Old Spanish explorers on up to blacksmithing ranchers. Then it was found by a hardluck miner who was wandering for weeks, given to a craftsman who worked it for days as it took shape. And then tested a spell near the South Texas crossroads by some ace with vintage guitar equipment." If that ain’t legendary mojo I don’t know what is.

Oh for Pete's sake...

Luke said:
bahahaha!

Altho.. I do like the party of the story about the guy from texas... good job texas guy.

yip I sure can, as a matter of fact I have some Iridium coated titanium picks for sale. For the low low price today only for $1200.... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
Luke said:
bahahaha!

yip I sure can, as a matter of fact I have some Iridium coated titanium picks for sale. For the low low price today only for $1200.... :icon_biggrin:

Look at you steppin' up and helpin' the brothas out w/the "out of this world" dealio!   :laughing11:

For sale, one Fender Heavy guitar pick, cellulose, with teeth marks!  Just $3400.  The Hopi Indians used their teeth to bite things.  In this noble tradition, I chomped on this pick while watching TV.  What meaning can you divine from the strange markings?  Are they, perhaps, words in some alien language?  Probably!  This pick is tuned to F# Major.  No refunds.

You forgot "video coming soon of this pick in action - I used it to play Smells Like Teen Spirit on my Epi and also picked some BBQ out of my teeth"

I feel like it would cut your strings  :laughing7:

Well at least he'll trade it for a frakenstrat! Jeez.

Luke said:
can someone make me a pick tuned to the saddest of all keys?   :laughing7:
Sorry, a pick tuned to D-Minor would make you weep from just holding it.  :sad:

What happens when it gets stuck inside your cheap acoustic?  Does the value of the guitar go up by $2,300?

Back