1st build completed(mahogany strat)

sbk12

Here are a few bad pics.The body is mahogany,the neck is birdseye maple,the bridge pickup is a Rio Grande BBQ,the neck is a Rio Vintage Tallboy,the bridge is a black OFR,Sperzel locking tuners,500 k pot,one volume,3-way switch.The two screws in the switch will be replaced with black screws(thats al I had for now).The guitar plays flawlessly and the neck is super fast and comparable to my Peavey HP special neck which I think is the absolute fastest and best playing neck on the planet..IMO..
strat017.jpg

strat010.jpg

strat014.jpg

and one pic with a couple of my other guitars and my custom Splawn...
strat016.jpg

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Cool. Is it a Shredder?

I will say this...when I am on the OD chanell of the amp and using the bridge pickup,it is very meaty and shred like.When switched over to the neck pickup,it really reminds you that you are playing a strat.Its definately not a one trick pony,Me rikey!

sbk12 said:
Cool. Is it a Shredder?

I will say this...when I am on the OD chanell of the amp and using the bridge pickup,it is very meaty and shred like.When switched over to the neck pickup,it really reminds you that you are playing a strat.Its definately not a one trick pony,Me rikey!
Cool.

sbk12 said:
Cool. Is it a Shredder?

Cool.
Thanks Bro,I am really happy with the turnout.

DocNrock said:
Nice build.  Very clean and straightforward.   :icon_thumright:

Definitely! 1 question, though: why the locking tuners with the Floyd and a locking nut? :icon_scratch:

SrDeMaFp said:
DocNrock said:

Definitely! 1 question, though: why the locking tuners with the Floyd and a locking nut? :icon_scratch:

Well I definately know that I dont need them,but it does make string changes easier and I will be damned if it dont just make it look better. :headbang:..IMO ofcourse.

sbk12 said:
SrDeMaFp said:
DocNrock said:

Well I definately know that I dont need them,but it does make string changes easier and I will be damned if it dont just make it look better. :headbang:..IMO ofcourse.

Hey, that works for me. fudge it man, it's your build. There are no rules! :rock-on:

Anything that makes restringing a Floyd quicker get a thumbs up from me!

Nice axe man  :headbang:

dbw said:
Is that a custom decal?  Can we get a close-up?

Yes,the decal is custom.When I got the decal back from the guy that made them,he made them way too big.Was suppose to look like this on my headstock.
Novak7.jpg

The guy was such a pain in the a#$ that I just went with part of the decal.One of these days I will get it done right with my name on the logo.I named the guitar Lonestar(ode to my beloved Texas).The neck plate is a engraved Lonestar as well.Next time(I didnt know until too late),I will inquire about the services of Dangerous and a custom neck plate.Here is headstock up close.I am going to go ahead and put the string tree on it because I am not able to get used to the way it looks without it.
strat013.jpg

sbk12 said:
dbw said:
Is that a custom decal?  Can we get a close-up?

Yes,the decal is custom.When I got the decal back from the guy that made them,he made them way too big.Was suppose to look like this on my headstock.
Novak7.jpg

The guy was such a pain in the a#$ that I just went with part of the decal.One of these days I will get it done right with my name on the logo.I named the guitar Lonestar(ode to my beloved Texas).The neck plate is a engraved Lonestar as well.Next time(I didnt know until too late),I will inquire about the services of Dangerous and a custom neck plate.Here is headstock up close.I am going to go ahead and put the string tree on it because I am not able to get used to the way it looks without it.
strat013.jpg

Nice :icon_thumright:

Back