12 String Tele

richship

I finally figured out what to do with the Telecaster body I picked up during last year's sale. I saw on a Telecaster forum that you can use a Gotoh Modern Tele bridge with the saddles from a Gotoh 12-String bridge. I'll keep an eye on the 12-string showcase necks. Meanwhile I should finish the two projects I have bodies and necks for.  :icon_tongue:

Hey!

That's a nice mixture of quilt and flame on that body.....what sort of finish are you thinking of putting on that?

I'm still thinking about the finish. I had an idea of red dye sanded back with yellow over that. I think that would work well on the sides of the top (I'd have to experiment), not sure about doing the same thing in the middle or something else. I'm open to suggestions.

Not going to put a 3 saddle bridge on a 12 string? Aw come on...

Just realized that any showcase necks would probably have a Strat heel. I guess it wouldn't be too bad with the overhang on a 22 fret neck, but a 21 fret Tele heel would be the best, so I'll probably go custom.

Rich, they want 45 clams to do a tele heel on a non tele neck, I think it is worth it so you do not have to fill gaps. and then you can get any style to fit a tele, OS, Il like the 65 12 best

Yeah, it's worth the 45 to get the right heel. If I was doing the 12 on a Jazzmaster body, I'd be tempted by the 65 12. I think the regular 12 suits the Tele body better.

richship said:
Yeah, it's worth the 45 to get the right heel. If I was doing the 12 on a Jazzmaster body, I'd be tempted by the 65 12. I think the regular 12 suits the Tele body better.

I agree on that one.  Thinking about doing one of these myself, so will follow with interest.

Back