12 String Conversion

Looks like a mess. I'm not sure I would touch that conversion with a ten foot pole. Wouldn't it be easier to buy a good Warmoth 12 string neck and two sets of tuners? Maybe not cheaper but you would get a neck that's wide enough to play, not a very narrow spaced 6 string conversion.

Just my $0.02 USD worth.

Besides, it's possible he's infringing on the B Bender trademark.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for 12's, and currently in the "don't own a 12 string" phase of the cycle. But ... I'll pass too.

He's been on ebay for a while now. I contacted him early on and asked about doing something other than a F Squire neck. No problem for that. So I've been looking for a nice1 3/4" flamey maple neck.

I am not satisfied with his bridge option, but haven't found anything better at this point.

Please keep us informed if you proceed.
:rock-on:

I want to convert my Blacktop Jag to a 12, but W won't do it being 24 in scale and all.  :( 

I'm thinking about redrilling the headstock myself, reslotting or replacing the nut, and putting new saddles in the TOM to accommodate 6 more strings. Sure, I could just go buy a 12, but where's the fun in that?

Perry Combover said:
I want to convert my Blacktop Jag to a 12, but W won't do it being 24 in scale and all.  :( 

I'm thinking about redrilling the headstock myself, reslotting or replacing the nut, and putting new saddles in the TOM to accommodate 6 more strings. Sure, I could just go buy a 12, but where's the fun in that?
Exactly. What fun is it to buy something that only saves time and money? :icon_biggrin:

Is there anybody that hangs out here that still thinks they are saving time or money?

That's the gold standard electric 12 string bridge. Everyone else is generally trying to catch up. The TOM versions have some tough hurdles - it's been done, but nearly every flat top electric 12 I've ever seen uses the Gotoh.

Indeed.  That's the one that I used.  works very well and it's not expensive.

Mayfly said:
Indeed.  That's the one that I used.  works very well and it's not expensive.
Likewise. Looks fiddly to set up but actually is pretty straightforward. I gather - not from personal experience - that ABM parts are nice quality though, but pricey.

Back