100% Warmoth Brass Ash Strat

jerryjg

Here we have a guitar I assembled I thought that  you all may want to have a look at. Its also the one I submitted to the Warmoth Gallery.
It has a 4.2 lb. Warmoth Southern Ash body, and a Warmoth Maple/Rosewood neck.
Its decked out in a Heavy brass pickguard . I have added as much brass as possible eslewhere, includeing an old brass jack and backplate and am currently just lacking a brass nut and trem arm with brass tip.
It has 7 way switching and brass plated Chrome Dome lace sensors. Its got a Heavey 70's brass trem/block and saddles from 'Stars' I think- not sure. Fake Fender decal just to complete the 70's  vibe.
Its' really the build out of all my assemblies  that I like the most cause it started with and idea and ended up just the way I had envisioned it.;

jerr1890.jpg

jerr1902.jpg

jerr1913.jpg

jerr1919.jpg

jerr1939.jpg

jerr1946.jpg

jerr1963.jpg

jerr1991.jpg

[/img]

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Awesome.

But wouldn't you have a hell of a time trying to keep that thing clean?

I'd be more worried about keeping that thing from dropping on my foot.  :icon_jokercolor:

That looks bloody terrific jerryg. :headbang: I like it a lot!

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Awesome.

But wouldn't you have a hell of a time trying to keep that thing clean?

I have a brass plate on my squier tele and it doesn't matter how much grime it picks up, a bit of metal polish soon sorts it out.

Great guitar, one of my faves on here.

Interesting concept, I like it!  :icon_thumright:

I cant imagine it'd be any harder to keep clean than a saxophone.  Mines going on 22 years old, and she still cleans up real nice.

OK... I'm totally convinced I've lived in a cave for a while! please explain the bridge, the make,model and it looks "Sunken" in !?
counter sunk so to speak.

Also ,have you considered those brass "behind the headstock"plates they use to sell back in the day?

I feel totally stupid asking question#1 :sad: :icon_scratch:

kreig said:
OK... I'm totally convinced I've lived in a cave for a while! please explain the bridge, the make,model and it looks "Sunken" in !?

Also ,have you considered those brass "behind the headstock"plates they use to sell back in the day?

No , the bridge is normal, I think. Just alot of it. Guitar is put away so I cant check. Thanx for commenets all. "Brassy"( short for brass knunckes) it is!

Love it.  An amazing concept well executed.

That and I thought I was only one with the brass ufo chrome knobs. :)

erik

Justinginn said:
Cool. Really unique and amazing. Careful not to blind yourself.  :glasses9:

But you can blind that annoying guy in the second row who keeps shouting "Freebird!"  :icon_biggrin:

jerryjg said:
kreig said:

No , the bridge is normal, I think. Just alot of it. Guitar is put away so I cant check. Thanx for commenets all. "Brassy"( short for brass knunckes) it is!
I can see the brass back plate, but is the neck plate brass as well.....?If not I can remidy that.... :laughing7:

First post here ever but I must say this is one of the coolest strat I have ever seen.  :rock-on:

Back