Roy Buchannon-Second Album
Ritchie Havens-Alarm Clock
Blue Oyster Cult-Some Enchanted Evening
Lou Reed-Rock and Roll Animal
Doors-Morrison Hotel
Miles Davis-Bitches Brew
Michael Hedges-Watching My Life Go By
Bob Dylan-Time Out of Mind
Pat Travers. So many people haven’t heard of PT. He was local to me when I lived if FL.
Too local one time. Was at a bar in Apopka in a jam session. We were just starting Boom Boom when walks in PT himself. Talk about nervous. We stopped and invited him to join in.

This is the list, well not the complete the list, because there was so much other music, like where is Warren Zevon, Juan Luis Guerra, and Tinariwen, right?, so this is an incomplete glimpse into the formative music that hit me after I moved out of my parent's house ...

Blue Note ---- Best of Blue Note
Paco Delucia, John Mclaughlin, Al Dimeola --- Saturday Night in San Francisco
Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen ---- Tales from the Ozone
Tom Waits --- Heart of Saturday Night
John Hartford --- Steam Powered Airplane
Old and In the Way --- Breakdown
The Band --- the Last Waltz
Ramones --- It’s Alive
George Thorogood --- Move it On Over
Lou Reed --- Rock and Roll Diary

Last edited:
Saw Pat Travers at a dinky bar in Albany about 10 years ago, put on a good show. They've since torn it down, and put up a Stewarts, sort of like gas station / grocery store.

Last edited:
Pat Travers. So many people haven’t heard of PT. He was local to me when I lived if FL.
Too local one time. Was at a bar in Apopka in a jam session. We were just starting Boom Boom when walks in PT himself. Talk about nervous. We stopped and invited him to join in.
Very cool! (y)

Marillion - Clutching at Straws
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Therion - Theli
Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocs
Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygen
Duran Duran - Seven and The Ragged Tiger
Voivod - Nothingface
Bryan Adams - Reckless
Alice Cooper - Thrash

Marillion - Clutching at Straws
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Therion - Theli
Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocs
Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygen
Duran Duran - Seven and The Ragged Tiger
Voivod - Nothingface
Bryan Adams - Reckless
Alice Cooper - Thrash
Meddle is killer, I also like Alice Cooper stuff with Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter (two killer players)

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been resisting replying with my 10 as I can’t justify why those 10 and not the other 90, LOL.

But a Floyd would be in there. Right now I’d say Animals. Been listening to it quite a bit recently. It was the perfect transition from the DSOTM era and The Wall era.

If you critically listen to it, you can pick up chord voicings, changes, and vocal nuances from DSOTM and WYWH. At the same time, there are at least a couple songs on Animals that were further developed for The Wall.

Meddle is killer, I also like Alice Cooper stuff with Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter (two killer players)
There are not necessarely my current top 10 favorite albums (some are still though), but the top albums that influences what I listen to and what I play... Although Marillion / Pink Floyd / Iron Maiden will never leave my top 10 favorites... and I probably always have an Alice Cooper album in my current playlist (I love Detroit Stories for now).

yeah, i mean i guess boomboom is a good song as long as you don't mind the glorification of domestic violence and all

uh, anyway

1 to 3: rotating selection of various zappa 'bums (short for albums) i'm sure comes as no surprise lol
4: Slayer - hell awaits
5: racer x - second heat
6. melt banana - scratch or stitch
7. sunn O))) - 00Void (but it's the 0's that have the slash thru em)
8. danzig
9. polyphia - muse (omg a album from the 2010s?)
10. the broccoli EP 2019 (i mean, it's me after all, and it's really good lmao)

as far as guitar stuff that would be pretty accurate i guess but I am pretty #eclectic but a lotta other faves wouldn't be appreciated round here rofl

yeah, i mean i guess boomboom is a good song as long as you don't mind the glorification of domestic violence and all

uh, anyway

1 to 3: rotating selection of various zappa 'bums (short for albums) i'm sure comes as no surprise lol
4: Slayer - hell awaits
5: racer x - second heat
6. melt banana - scratch or stitch
7. sunn O))) - 00Void (but it's the 0's that have the slash thru em)
8. danzig
9. polyphia - muse (omg a album from the 2010s?)
10. the broccoli EP 2019 (i mean, it's me after all, and it's really good lmao)

as far as guitar stuff that would be pretty accurate i guess but I am pretty #eclectic but a lotta other faves wouldn't be appreciated round here rofl
Maybe he is gonna knockout the dude she is with boom boom

Maybe he is gonna knockout the dude she is with boom boom
unlikely, i mean, the lyrics aren't particularly #ambiguous. look, when it comes to battered women, it may sound delicious, but that doesn't make it right. the only things should be battered are food (like onions and chicken) and rams (the kind for smashing in doors when u think ur too good to knock - and even then that's a different kind of batter) and maybe Rams the animal if they have tasty meat. I dunno, never ate one.

speaking of undiscovered food, salt cant be the only delicious rock, right? why don't we have flavor scientists out in the wild licking more types of rocks? id join that expedition

@BroccoliRob is your real name Yoshitaka Ito? Or is this the wrong Broccoli EP 2019? If it is, can you point to the right one?
lmao nah, bro, I'm some mulatto kid from the streets of st Louie and u can yoshiTake that to the Bank. here is the stuff I have posted on this webzone

nlikely, i mean, the lyrics aren't particularly #ambiguous. look, when it comes to battered women, it may sound delicious, but that doesn't make it right. the only things should be battered are food (like onions and chicken) and rams (the kind for smashing in doors when u think ur too good to knock - and even then that's a different kind of batter) and maybe Rams the animal if they have tasty meat. I dunno, never ate one.
Sounds to me like you would be more of a fan of "Snortin Whiskey" also, you know it is a cover song right?

Back