1 3/4″ nut width on a 24 3/4" scale neck

Edoardo

Hello everyone,

This may have been asked before, I'd find it weird if it wasn't, but...

I've just been wondering why when I select a 24 3/4" scale neck, the 1 3/4" nut width option disappears.

Is there a technical, i.e. manufacture-related reason why?

I've tried a few guitars with those very specs: best finger-picking experience ever.

Also, lots of people love to jazz on a solidbody, myself included.
The wider string spacing on a shorter scale guitar makes jazz fingerings way more comfortable.
Mind you, this is coming from someone with really small hands. Never going to land a Hendrix chord on such a neck myself.
But still. I'd love to jazz on such a Telly.

What do you guys think? (also, again: Is there a technical reason why the option disappears?)

So... Here is my suggestion.

Thank you very much for your feedback

I surely can't say for sure, only Warmoth could answer that. I can't imagine a reason why it would not be "doable", so I'm thinking it's probably a financial consideration. In order to offer that option, their machinery would need to be set up for it. As it's probably not an option that's often requested, it just might not be a profitable allocation of resources to have it available for an extremely limited sales opportunity.

BigSteve22 said:
I can't imagine a reason why it would not be "doable", so I'm thinking it's probably a financial consideration. In order to offer that option, their machinery would need to be set up for it. As it's probably not an option that's often requested, it just might not be a profitable allocation of resources to have it available for an extremely limited sales opportunity.

Thanks. I see what you mean, but they offer so many other options for an extra charge, that I found the absence of my "suggestion" to be relatively weird.

I mean I don't want to start anything here, but for instance, I've never, ever seen a 48mm-wide electric (or steel string, for that matter) in my life.
Thankfully, Warmoth does offer that option.

On the other hand, I've seen so many 44 or 45mm-wide short scale necks that the absence of that options just stood out.

There is no technical reason why it can't be done.

It's isn't offered because it hasn't been programmed, and it hasn't been programmed because we don't feel there is enough demand for it.

It may be offered at some point in the future, but there are no plans for it any time soon.

Back