The Video Suggestion box

TheElvis

Maybe we can find some consens in what videos we would like to see.
I personally would like a video about the wood drying and the roasting process. Don't think there has been one yet.

Secondly I liked Aaron's video about his personal guitar. Great way to show some features. Follow up would be awesome! :headbang4:

Good idea for a thread. I'll be interested to see the responses.

I can tell we already have a huge list....more than we can get to any time soon. The biggest hurdle for a lot of them, especially the comparison videos, is that we have to build stuff to do them.

Here are two that are imminent:

• Neck size tone comparison: Fatback profile vs Standard thin. (Both Maple/Maple, cut from the exact same piece of wood.)
  • Neck wood comparison: Maple/Maple vs Maple/Rosewood vs Mahogany/Rosewood

Ah, looking forward to those upcoming videos. I have yet to see one I didn't like.

I'd like to see a piece of wood, maybe alder, up to the point it gets stored in the warmoth warehouse. Something like this is a typical forest, this is a typical seedling, this is a tree ready for harvest, this is the tree being harvested, this is the tree being put on the truck to the mill, this is what happens at the mill, etc. and then each step till it hits the warehouse.

Ps I look forward to the neck wood shoot out

Rick said:
I'd like to see a piece of wood, maybe alder, up to the point it gets stored in the warmoth warehouse. Something like this is a typical forest, this is a typical seedling, this is a tree ready for harvest, this is the tree being harvested, this is the tree being put on the truck to the mill, this is what happens at the mill, etc. and then each step till it hits the warehouse.

This reminds me of the Portlandia episode where they go out to dinner, and chicken is on the menu.

The Aaron said:
Rick said:

This reminds me of the Portlandia episode where they go out to dinner, and chicken is on the menu.

I just want to know that the tree lived a good life!

Actually, who knows what you'll find in the forest, maybe a cult leader and his female followers, but still, it would be cool, no?  I know what happens after the product leaves Warmoth, and this would just be on the other side.

There’s actually a film made of how a (US) Steinway grand is made, which is sort of what you’re describing.

From the description:

Note by Note follows the creation of a Steinway concert grand, #L1037, from forest floor to concert hall. Each piano s journey is complex, spanning 12 months, 12,000 parts, 450 craftsmen, and countless hours of fine-tuned labor.

vxF0ow8yFXxUDrY50X27sRCTj87.jpg

It’s a pretty good film. It sort of gives you an idea just why these instruments cost what they do.

Here’s a trailer for the film I mentioned:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/qB-QI8Hi6M4[/youtube]

Back