The Officially Unofficial Warmoth SoCal Jam - November 3rd - 8am-4pm

MikeW

Okay everybody! I've got the go-ahead from the finance department to be host, and can provide the space and some equipment. I'm sure that I can wrangle a bass player and drummer (or two) as well.

What say you? Mid-September to Mid-October time frame? Saturday or Sunday preferred?

Any and all are welcome, but you must have at least a Warmoth neck or body to participate. (Just kidding about that last part.)

Thoughts?

Sounds good!  Will be doing some traveling those two months, but may work out.  :eek:ccasion14: Will keep an eye out here.  Cheers, man!

Ditto here!  I'm in, luckily I can be pretty flexible as to timing.  THIS WILL BE FUN.  Time permitting, I might even get another axe built before then.

Hey all. Travel and some family plans have scuttled most of the October weekends so I'm looking at the weekend of Nov 3rd-4th for the jam. Is that enough lead time? I'll have my workshop open in the AM and may have a couple guys come by with some small projects, but I'm thinking to jam most of the afternoon.

Thoughts? Song list? Any and all are welcome btw...

Whereabouts in SoCal?
I don't mind a drive, but within reason.
I'd love to meet some of you folks....

We're practically neighbors, Mark.  I'm in Encinitas not too far from El Camino and Encinitas Blvd.

Nov. 3/4 works for me.  This will be fun,  but y'all are gonna find out I'm nobody's idea of a slick guitar player.

This is a super cool idea. Wish I lived in SoCal!

I have already met a few of you in person....MikeW among them. Would always love to meet more.

Bagman67 said:
We're practically neighbors, Mark.  I'm in Encinitas not too far from El Camino and Encinitas Blvd.

Nice! Poinsettia and Alga for me. Should be fun. There are a couple good jams at local bars in Encinitas as well. The one at American Legion on Tuesday is a standout with a lot of local talent.

Bagman67 said:
Nov. 3/4 works for me.  This will be fun,  but y'all are gonna find out I'm nobody's idea of a slick guitar player.

Ah. Welcome to the club! I've got a couple others committed to coming already so it'll be fun.

Any thoughts for a song list? Blues in A... Ready... Go!  :laughing7:

Finished with family, job, travel and other other stuff I had hanging over me, so I can now focus more on the Workshop and Jam. How's this for a start on a song list?

Sunshine of Your Love - Cream
Lovin' Cup - Stones
American Band - Grand Funk Railroad
Some Kind of Wonderful - GFR
Born on the Bayou - CCR
Bad Moon Rising - CCR
Voodoo Chile - Jimi
All Along the Watchtower - Jimi
Purple Haze - Jimi
Various and Sundry Blues Jams in Am or Em - Crossroads, Goin' Down, Statesboro Blues, et.al.

I can mix up a pot of Jambalaya for lunch pretty easily as well. I've got a fridge in the garage for you to BYOB and keep them cold. BYOG, BYOR but I'll have both my rigs out for people to jam on. Drummer and at least one bass player should be coming as well.

Thoughts? Song list suggestions?

Let me know if there's anything in particular I can bring to add to the eats. 

In re: Playlist - good choices all.  The stuff I know is easy enough to call the chords on the fly - "Bring It On Home To Me" is fun, "Jesus Just Left Chicago", that sort of thing.  "I'm A Man" (Spencer Davis/Chicago) and "25 or 6 to 4" are fun jams, plenty of room for wankage.  "Ziggy Stardust" and "Rebel Rebel" are fun on guitar, not too difficult, but I'll be damned if I can sing 'em.

Bagman67 said:
Let me know if there's anything in particular I can bring to add to the eats. 

Will do!

Bagman67 said:
In re: Playlist - good choices all.  The stuff I know is easy enough to call the chords on the fly - "Bring It On Home To Me" is fun, "Jesus Just Left Chicago", that sort of thing.  "I'm A Man" (Spencer Davis/Chicago) and "25 or 6 to 4" are fun jams, plenty of room for wankage.  "Ziggy Stardust" and "Rebel Rebel" are fun on guitar, not too difficult, but I'll be damned if I can sing 'em.

Great suggestions! Jesus Left Chicago and Rebel Rebel for sure. I'll pull down some tabs for the others so we can keep up.

This is going to be fun!

Date and Time is now set. We'll go on November 3rd from 8am to 4pm.

Workshop will be open in the morning 8am to 12 noon. We'll jam in the afternoon until 4pm.

I have a fridge in the garage so you can BYOB. I'll put on a pot of jambalaya for some lunch, but usually someone springs for pizza as well.

I'll have my Legacy 3 and my Bugera V22 rigs set up for the jam, but feel free to BYOG. There's plenty of space to set up a combo and pedalboard.

All are welcome to come so IM me for more details.

Be sure to set up a video camera or 3 so those of us who aren't able to attend can enjoy as well  :headbang:

Cagey said:
Be sure to set up a video camera or 3 so those of us who aren't able to attend can enjoy as well  :headbang:

Excellent idea. You know what we say here about guitars - ”no pictures or it doesn’t exist”. So in this case, ”no video or the meet didn’t happen”. :icon_jokercolor:

Logrinn said:
Cagey said:

Excellent idea. You know what we say here about guitars - ”no pictures or it doesn’t exist”. So in this case, ”no video or the meet didn’t happen”. :icon_jokercolor:

LOL Will do. Was thinking that I'd get a group shot of all the Warmoths and Partscasters that I've done for the guys at the jam. I'll see about getting some video as well.

BTW, it was a pleasure meeting you at the American Legion jam last night Ian. Looking forward to having you sit in on a few in the future.

Workshop/Jam is this weekend. Please IM if you're interested in coming and I'll pass along details. All are invited so don't be shy.

Thanks all!

Back