Showcase body from a few years ago I almost bought....should have....

simple

Staff member
This was a one off experiment finish from a long time ago. I've been holding on to this picture as a sad reminder of not buying when I had the chance. I wonder where it is today....  :sad:

Attachments

• flake flames 1.JPG
    flake flames 1.JPG
    970.1 KB · Views: 583
Good to know that are not only US that have this sad feel about loosing nice pieces :evil4: :laughing7:

spauldingrules said:
Gregg,
I think you made the right choice.  Unless you're in a Liberace tribute band.

+1.......  :confused4:

spauldingrules said:
Gregg,
Ah, you guys are breaking my heart. It wouldn't be that blingy if you put the right hardware and neck on it. Of course, I never did a graphic mock up of a completed instrument either. Ebony fingerboard. Black painted neck. Gold Hardware....Black bobbin pickups...Gold Pearloid Trapezoid inlays like my Bengal Burst LP....you know, the blingy one... oh oh... :confused4:

Gregg said:
spauldingrules said:
Gregg,
Ah, you guys are breaking my heart. It wouldn't be that blingy if you put the right hardware and neck on it. Of course, I never did a graphic mock up of a completed instrument either. Ebony fingerboard. Black painted neck. Gold Hardware....Black bobbin pickups...Gold Pearloid Trapezoid inlays like my Bengal Burst LP....you know, the blingy one... oh oh... :confused4:
Didn't Mark Tramonti have a single cut PRS similar to that...? :icon_scratch:  It kinda cool in it's own unique way... :dontknow:

Didn't Mark Tramonti have a single cut PRS similar to that...?  It kinda cool in it's own unique way...
Yeah, it reminds me his too. Not sure it was flake paint but same kind of vibe.

Gregg said:
Didn't Mark Tramonti have a single cut PRS similar to that...?   It kinda cool in it's own unique way...
Yeah, it reminds me his too. Not sure it was flake paint but same kind of vibe.
I think his might have been more of a tribal design...Don't think it had the flashy paint tho..

Gregg said:
spauldingrules said:
Gregg,

Hey, Agwan loves guitars painted in neon pink and we still talk to him, don't beat yourself up with our opinions of this guitar..

I don't know what your all talking about here, that thing looks awesome. And yes it would be very interesting to see that thing now, just hope it made it into good hands, and by good hands i mean someone who put it together well, don't care how well he plays it.

Love the colors, not the design.

Greg,how much freedom do you guys have to "experiment" with finishes?  let's see what masterpieces you guys can come up with.  Worst case scenario we get some extra bodies in the screaming deals section. :rock-on:

I wish you were making more unique finishes like this but all routing options should be left to the buyer.

Interesting to see what trips the trigger of the kid who works in a candy store... but not really my taste either. I guess they get tired of looking at exotic wood all day long.

swarfrat said:
Interesting to see what trips the trigger of the kid who works in a candy store... but not really my taste either. I guess they get tired of looking at exotic wood all day long.
Never get tired of seeing the exotic wood. It's always different and intriguing. In fact, most of my guitars are all about it. I do tend to deviate from the norm for my stage guitars. It's good when people remember your ______ looking guitar. Warmoth is good place to get one of those!

Gregg said:
swarfrat said:
Never get tired of seeing the exotic wood. It's always different and intriguing. In fact, most of my guitars are all about it. I do tend to deviate from the norm for my stage guitars. It's good when people remember your ______ looking guitar. Warmoth is good place to get one of those!

gregg...that is an awesome shot for your avatar...and chance of seeing the full size version?

I do not know what looks better...the LP or the pose.

Kinda had that Neil Young meets Jimmy Page vibe.

AWESOME!
:party07:

Yeah, lucky shot...or just a good photographer. It's during a live show a couple months ago.

OK, so I have one other weird idea for an LP Carved Top. You know the Buck Owens Teles we've done with the 3 piece tops....Dyed Red, Clear and Blue? What about a Flame Maple top LP Carved Top done that way?

Back