New video: Aaron is throwing a tea party!

I'm more of a Black & Tan guy my self (also used to be Black & Mild kinda guy) but yeah these are some chill kits

I'm a chugga-chugga player, not a meedly-meedly player
I believe "meedly-meedly" might translate loosely to what I have always referred to as "doodly-doodly-doodly". Not sure, but, I think I'm pickin' up what yer layin' down! :D

(cool V, by the way ;))

Long live the "chugga-chugga"! (I love all kinds, but the "chugga-chugga" is definitely where my roots are grounded :cool:).

I believe "meedly-meedly" might translate loosely to what I have always referred to as "doodly-doodly-doodly". Not sure, but, I think I'm pickin' up what yer layin' down! :D
😆
We might be getting into the finer points, when we introduce “doodly-doodly-doodly” alongside “meedly-meedly” and “weedle-weedle-weedle”.

I’ll try to break it down as I see it. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

“Meedly-meedly” tells me the notes are played a little slower than the “weedle-weedle-weedle” shredders.
But “doodly-doodly-doodly”, to me, says you’re living more around the middle of the neck. Say, from the first position A minor pentatonic up to the 12th fret. You may go up to the 13th if you’re feeling a bit frisky. But you’re more likely to simply bend to it, to keep from going into “meedly-meedly” territory. You learned one or two BB King licks at the 9th fret, and that’s what you do for two solid hours at every Guitar Center!!!

Hmmm, did I go too far??? Maybe I’ve thought about this way too much.

I gravitate more towards the odd-time signature “chugga-chugga” and riff-based side. I guess we need a short descriptive phrase for that! I might toss in a little “doodly” here and a “meedly” there just to mix things up a bit. While I was a big SRV fan; I find the blues incredibly boring to play, and I don’t play a Strat either. I suppose the question I really need to ask myself is; have I, in all seriousness, followed one "meedly", by yet another "meedly"??? I don't know... I honestly don't know. I mean, c'mon, I'm sure we've all done it in jest (in a brief moment of sarcastic playfulness), legs in a wide stance, facial expression like you just hit your thumb with a hammer, guitar neck pointing straight to the sky!!! But 100%, no bull, unequivocal, this "meedly-meedly" IS part of the song as composed?????

Last edited:
I prefer to call it weedling. It’s practitioners, therefore, are referred to as Weedlers.

Cool guitar, by the way. Well done.
I used to play with a guy whose primary instrument was bass, but he had also studied the blade Yngwie-type shredding and would occasionally go off. His girlfriend who was otherwise pretty tolerant could not stand it, and referred to it as "insect music."

It clearly does not need mentioning that my use of "chugga" and "meedly" is absolutely pulled from Homestar Runner and SBEmails.

Well, I can’t say that I knew where the reference came from. Yesterday was the first time I’d ever seen any of those videos, when Aaron posted it. I had no idea.

I’ve been saying weedle and weedlers since I was in my early twenties. So, a good… 30-35 years??? Damn.

Not sure how I missed all that. I’ve been on the internet since it was nothing but text on a computer screen. So basically, it kinda looked like this forum, without any graphics whatsoever. Which is funny when I think about it, but also sorta depressing. Only the super nerdy were on it back then. The average person, if they knew what it was, certainly wasn’t spending any time on it. And you definitely didn’t admit that you spent time on the internet either. If you let it slip in the wrong company, you would catch hell from literally everybody. It was brutal!!!

Ahhh, the good old days… 🤓😞

MOD EDIT - REMOVED CONTENT

TY. Back on topic. How about one of these with a P90 Staple in the neck and a P90 in the bridge. The only G LP Custom I desire is a black one with that configuration.

Back