New video: Aaron is throwing a tea party!

OMG. Would make a marvelous sibling to my satin black V-K with gold everything.

I prefer "Black Gold" for the name, personally. And I'll go comment on the YT.

Do that with a telecaster and I'm there!

Actually, just make the pearloid binding an option and I'll take care of the rest...

Do that with a telecaster and I'm there!

Actually, just make the pearloid binding an option and I'll take care of the rest...
I’m bummed the abalone, shark fins and trapezoids didn’t survive the limited run a few years ago. Maybe this will be different?

Ooh, nice!
Tuned B-B with Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky strings, ebony fretboard, gold frets (of course), gold Gotoh tuners, and black pearloid Supernova inlays for that subtle effect that you have to get up close to see. I didn't go with the full-black ebony because I wanted to take the chance on any natural inclusions, and I wasn't disappointed.

Up at the 1st - 3rd frets, there are some lovely chocolate streaks in the ebony where it's not quite macassar-level variations, but kinda' hints at it a bit.

This was the guitar that told me that I don't need a 7-string. ;) I'm a chugga-chugga player, not a meedly-meedly player, so the lower the tunings, the better for me :D

(but for a bass, I need a 5-string, because I will use all 5)

This was the guitar that told me that I don't need a 7-string. ;) I'm a chugga-chugga player, not a meedly-meedly player, so the lower the tunings, the better for me :D
I prefer to call it weedling. It’s practitioners, therefore, are referred to as Weedlers.

Cool guitar, by the way. Well done.

Tuned B-B with Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky strings, ebony fretboard, gold frets (of course), gold Gotoh tuners, and black pearloid Supernova inlays for that subtle effect that you have to get up close to see. I didn't go with the full-black ebony because I wanted to take the chance on any natural inclusions, and I wasn't disappointed.

Up at the 1st - 3rd frets, there are some lovely chocolate streaks in the ebony where it's not quite macassar-level variations, but kinda' hints at it a bit.

(but for a bass, I need a 5-string, because I will use all 5)
Very cool. What’s the string gauge on that B and did you file out the nut for it? Standard 25.5” scale?

Back