My Next project

peterpoynter

Today I got my wood back from warmoth. It came back fantastic! weighs 2lb. 13oz. I've got a vynyl sealer on it right now and tomorrow I will start the finish. I've decided on a set of lollar pickups. Warmoth should receive the neck wood tomorrow. Fiddleback mahogany with ebony fretboard.

Ok here we go again. VERY RARE honduran flamed mahogany. I had a slice taken off the top. I will send this to Ken at Warmoth and have a hollow strat made using the top slice of identical wood. The finished body should look like a one piece body except it will be hollow. What do you think? F hole? No F hole? Other than that, it will be a traditional top route strat (figure starts to run out on the right). I haven't made up my mind on pickups. Fralin? Lollar? Or my coveted vintage evans eliminators?

The reason for the top route is the flame gets kind of pathetic for about 5" Then comes back. Right abvout where a pickguard would go.

Top route: No!!!!
frocket.gif

F-hole: No!!!!
fripper.gif

Pickups: GIve a try at Bare Knuckle Pickups!

Beside it: GORGEOUS!
Hope you don't sell it (or sell cheap to I buy it  :laughing7:)

I think the pickguard looks delicious with that body. I'll need to remember that if I ever make a mahogany strat.

I thought I would clear something up. someone emailed me and thought my user name was innapropriate. The fact is that is my real name. Got in to many fights to remember in high school. I thank my parents, Bless there black hearts

peter poynter said:
I thought I would clear something up. someone emailed me and thought my user name was innapropriate. The fact is that is my real name. Got in to many fights to remember in high school. I thank my parents, Bless there black hearts
Well just point yur Peter at them and tell them to
backoff.jpg

And that's a smashing piece of mahogany, i say let it be it's natural self. Rear rout no pickguard..... :icon_thumright:

Hey peter, what type of neck will you be getting? I'm assuming something dark, and would I be correct to assume you're getting gold hardware?

REALLY?  Somebody e-mailed you about that?  ???  I mean they seriously did?  Wow.  Reminds me of a thing that happened in seventh grade.  My mother named me Gregg.  That's right two G's at the end.  One time I asked her why two G's at the end, and she flipped on me "BECAUSE THAT IS THE WAY I WANTED IT SPELLED!"  OK, so don't ask Mom that question again.  Well like I said in seventh grade, the first week of school, I had been handing in my homework all week to this jerk-off of a teacher that I had, and he gives them back at the end of the week with zeros on all of them.  I asked about it, and he says to me "Well, if you can't even spell your own name right...I can't give you credit."  So I go home, and I happen to be armed with a little bit of information that Mr. Z____ doesn't know about.  It is that my Mom will absolutely flip if you ask her about the spelling of my name, and she loves to make a scene.  Well I tell her what happened, and the next day, Mother dearest comes into my class in the middle of the day, and proceeds to rip this guy a new one.  She actually poked him in the chest while she was telling him that she took time off from work to come here for this.  Hilarious.  I was never more proud.  Anyway, like RLW said, disregard said moronic comment.  And that slab of wood looks absolutely fantastic.  I for one don't feel like telling you what to do with it, I'm sure you will figure it out.  Except that I don't really like F-holes on Strats.  Anyway, proceed.

Back