Marshall bought by Zound Industries

Saw that. It does indeed feel strange.

IME it's often the death-knell for a brand. The Peavey-owned Budda went swimmingly. Many other examples. Still waiting to see how the new Gibson-owned Mesa Boogie goes.

I was sad when I realized what happened to the product when Budda changed hands. The pre-Peavey 18w combos are really fun.

And yeah, I'm concerned about whether Mesa Boogie remains as comparatively bulletproof as they've been in the past. I mean, sure, Randall Smith is entitled to retire and live comfy for all he's given musicians, but Gibson has taken more than one respected brand to the graveyard. Trace Elliott, Steinberger, yadda yadda.

On the other hand, maybe this is what drives even more musicians into the arms of Fractal and other modeling-centric companies. We'll see.

Saw that. It does indeed feel strange.

IME it's often the death-knell for a brand. The Peavey-owned Budda went swimmingly. Many other examples. Still waiting to see how the new Gibson-owned Mesa Boogie goes.
So Aaron: changed your mind about buying a Marshall now? :)

I'm looking for that used mayfly on reverb ... it won't happen they are too good.

I managed to read about 1/2 page of drama on TGP about it, before I pressed my emergency Aston Martin ejector seat button and made like James or was it Johnny, anyway I digress.

If they still produce the amps in the way they did before, then what difference does it, or will it, really make?

Marshall were already doing headphones, fridges and other branding type products.

I managed to read about 1/2 page of drama on TGP about it, before I pressed my emergency Aston Martin ejector seat button and made like James or was it Johnny, anyway I digress.

If they still produce the amps in the way they did before, then what difference does it, or will it, really make?

Marshall were already doing headphones, fridges and other branding type products.
And Yngwie was already carrying around the majority of the Marshall amps being produced, so why not concentrate everything to Sweden :)

So Aaron: changed your mind about buying a Marshall now? :)

Marshall to me is so iconic. More iconic that Fender and Gibson put together. I know I'm hearing with my eyes. I know there are US-made options that are just as good or better, at cheaper prices.

But when I see that gold and black w/ white piping and the Marshall logo.....it's hard not to want one.

I thought he used this kind of amp. (note the one amp that's real, for miking to the P.A.)
Well, I guess those "fake Marshall walls" are the reality for most bands. But that engl amp! I remember that Yngwie has always claimed that the only influences he has had are classical, and never anything related to Blackmore. But if that is a Blackmore signature engl and Yngwie plays with a scallop freboard strat.... :unsure:

As we are talking Marshall, what is your favorite Marshall amp(s)? Something you own, or something you wish you’d own?

Well, I guess those "fake Marshall walls" are the reality for most bands. But that engl amp! I remember that Yngwie has always claimed that the only influences he has had are classical, and never anything related to Blackmore. But if that is a Blackmore signature engl and Yngwie plays with a scallop freboard strat.... :unsure:

I always wondered who the guitarist in that photo was.

Are we sure it's Yngwie? Looks like a pointy guitar to me, and the boots and leather jacket w/ spikes all over seems even more off-brand.

I always wondered who the guitarist in that photo was.

Are we sure it's Yngwie? Looks like a pointy guitar to me, and the boots and leather jacket w/ spikes all over seems even more off-brand.
Taking a closer look… you’re right, it is definitely not Yngwie in that photo!

Back