Locking nut possible on vintage modern neck?

ravenhaller

I'm looking at a replacement neck for my HSS build.  It seems I have to stick with Pro construction if I want any type of locking nut.  But quite frankly, I prefer the aesthetic options of the Vintage Modern necks - one piece, skunk stripe, headstock truss rod adjustability rather than side of the neck... that last one is a real irk for me.

Does anyone know if Warmoth will route a locking nut on a Vintage Modern neck upon request?

I don't know. But, I do know you can get an LSR nut, which in combination with locking tuners works as well and is easier to live with.

I do not think so.  The builder will not let you.

I do know mighty mite has this option but W may have theirs constructed different.

Cagey said:
I don't know. But, I do know you can get an LSR nut, which in combination with locking tuners works as well and is easier to live with.

This is your closest bet on Vintage Modern Neck.
Floyd Nut cuts are on Warmoth Pro only construction.

The above option of LSR nut + locking tuners will also allow you to use this neck on another project if you find something later that you want to try out on this body. 

Will they not do it because of the truss rod nut? If so just take it to a luthier. It's usually pretty affordable if you can't do it yourself. I've had a Gotoh lock nut with truss rod nut relief on the underside. There's also the SuperVee locking nut that doesn't require any alteration of the neck :dontknow:

USACG will cut the Floyd shelf for you on a standard construction neck. That's what I put on my Warmoth Soloist.

It doesn't make sense that Warmoth would not do this, since a locking nut has nothing to do with how the neck is constructed, and people have been retrofitting them to old Fender necks for decades.

Back