Line6 Recall on Relay wireless transmitters

bagman67

Epic Member
Got an email from Line6 today about a product recall they have issued on their Relay G10 series of transmitters.  Apparently there's a danger of extreme overheating/fire risk when charging.  Owners need to do a firmware update.

https://line6.com/g10recall/

I probably got that alert from (not exaggerating) ten different places yesterday. Must be a pretty high risk.

Yeah, me too.  I reckon Line6 is trying to get out ahead of a potential class action.

Fire danger can go way beyond some musician dying from a bad ground, and tends to be taken most seriously of all CPSC danger categories. The thing could be in the basement of a oil refinery that feeds the entire west coast, or an orphanage with a hundred kids.

Or a Rhode Island nightclub going up in flames (I know, not directly on point, but still).  Indeed, fire risk of any kind is serious enough that even absent the CPSC's regulatory framework, a responsible manufacturer will still do all it can to minimize it once they realize the defective product got out the door.

This warning has been all over the Line 6 website, user forums and e-mail lists for the last year. Seems like this push is to get out to anyone who may have missed all that. They are taking this REALLY seriously. If I owned a G10 I'd do likewise.

Back