Gibson Factory raided again over Wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORCRiST

I heard this on the radio this morning... and haven't seen anything posted here:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904787404576530520471223268.html

Apparently, the Feds raided a couple of factories over wood from India...

ORCRiST

ORCRiST said:
I heard this on the radio this morning... and haven't seen anything posted here:

ORCRiST

Dang, you're as bad as Me. I hope you've learned from this experience.  :laughing11:

Street Avenger said:
ORCRiST said:

ORCRiST

Dang, you're as bad as Me. I hope you've learned from this experience.   :laughing11:
doghouse.gif

This is a new raid, we discussed the first one a year or two ago, and Gibson was never found guilty of importing banned wood, this is a new one, so it might be the same thread so to speak, but this is a whole new deal.

Turns out, Gibson is a right wing supporter, and the left wing is trying, again, to shut them up

Yeah, new raid. Apparently made some large headlines. My dad brought it up while we were on the phone not too long ago and he's not a guitar player. Or player of any instruments at all and he knew some about it.

Interview with Gibson CEO...
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4OA-lyrwZ4&feature=feedu[/youtube]

:icon_scratch:  I think they were looking for the so called U-Beaut ... FireBird X  :laughing7:   :laughing3:  before it hits the streets  :laughing11:  :laughing7:

Pic's below... 

Attachments

• GibsonFirewoodX.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 342
  • firepony.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 337
Street Avenger said:
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4OA-lyrwZ4&feature=feedu[/youtube]
That's total bull shyt, Gibson doesn't deserve that kind of treatment even if they'd bought wood illegally. Not only that Indian Rosewood and Ebony aren't even on the endangered list... Makes me want to grab my guns and my buddies, and help out Gibson...

Let try and come and get my guitars..They'll have to pry them from my cold dead hands...
Blasting_anim.gif

DangerousR6 said:
Street Avenger said:
That's total bull shyt, Gibson doesn't deserve that kind of treatment even if they'd bought wood illegally. Not only that Indian Rosewood and Ebony aren't even on the endangered list... Makes me want to grab my guns and my buddies, and help out Gibson...

Let try and come and get my guitars..They'll have to pry them from my cold dead hands...
Blasting_anim.gif

Exactly.  I'm not usually one to be political, but my family has served in the US military in every generation since our revolutionary war.  This sort of pissing in the face of Lady Liberty really gets my ire up, and it takes a lot.  I bought more ammo yesterday, and I don't even especially like owning guns.  I'm pretty sure my guitars come right before "home, children, and woman" on my list of things I'd fight to protect, and just after "my own safety."  Throw in some basic human rights violations, no transparent due process, and destruction of a (fading admittedly) true American product, and I'm not someone you want to pull over for a broken taillight, let alone look at me sideways if you're wearing a gov't uniform.

-Mark

AprioriMark said:
DangerousR6 said:
Street Avenger said:

Blasting_anim.gif

Exactly.  I'm not usually one to be political, but my family has served in the US military in every generation since our revolutionary war.  This sort of pissing in the face of Lady Liberty really gets my ire up, and it takes a lot.  I bought more ammo yesterday, and I don't even especially like owning guns.  I'm pretty sure my guitars come right before "home, children, and woman" on my list of things I'd fight to protect, and just after "my own safety."  Throw in some basic human rights violations, no transparent due process, and destruction of a (fading admittedly) true American product, and I'm not someone you want to pull over for a broken taillight, let alone look at me sideways if you're wearing a gov't uniform.

-Mark
Precisely, guns, guitar, girls...

I have the utmost respect for law enforcement, I have to my brothers a cop. But gov't vigilantism i don't...

Infowars is terrible, just getting that out of the way up front.

There's probably a lot less drama than is being made out, before we start imagining Big Brother kicking down doors and stealing our Les Pauls.

The story floating around is that Fish & Wildlife raided Gibson because they fraudulently misrepresented purchases (and got caught doing it). At least some of the wood in this recent case can be purchased legally through the proper channels where there are controls and regulations in place. But if Gibson is trying to cut costs by circumventing those channels and sourcing illegally then it's hard to feel bad for them here. Many other US companies (hopefully including Warmoth) source the right way and so should Gibson.

But no, it's all Obama and the FBI wanting our guns and guitars. It's not like this would be the first time a company got caught sidestepping some law or treaty to make a few extra dollars.

jay4321 said:
Infowars is terrible, just getting that out of the way up front.

There's probably a lot less drama than is being made out, before we start imagining Big Brother kicking down doors and stealing our Les Pauls.

The story floating around is that Fish & Wildlife raided Gibson because they fraudulently misrepresented purchases (and got caught doing it). At least some of the wood in this recent case can be purchased legally through the proper channels where there are controls and regulations in place. But if Gibson is trying to cut costs by circumventing those channels and sourcing illegally then it's hard to feel bad for them here. Many other US companies (hopefully including Warmoth) source the right way and so should Gibson.

But no, it's all Obama and the FBI wanting our guns and guitars. It's not like this would be the first time a company got caught sidestepping some law or treaty to make a few extra dollars.

Yeah, Infowars is terrible because you say so. We should listen to CNN and MSNBC instead.  :confused4:
Just keep your head in the sand...until something like this happens to You. In case you didn't notice, Gibson HAS NOT BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING. Nobody was "caught" doing ANYthing. Employees were questioned without attorneys present. This is the kind of thing that happens in a POLICE STATE. It's not like some huge drug bust or something like that. It's complacent attitudes like yours that will ensure that this sort of thing happens more and more.

Street Avenger said:
Yeah, Infowars is terrible because you say so. We should listen to CNN and MSNBC instead.   :confused4:
Just keep your head in the sand...until something like this happens to You. In case you didn't notice, Gibson HAS NOT BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING. Nobody was "caught" doing ANYthing. Employees were questioned without attorneys present. This is the kind of thing that happens in a POLICE STATE. It's not like some huge drug bust or something like that. It's complacent attitudes like yours that will ensure that this sort of thing happens more and more.

STOP NOW. 

Per the forum guidelines:
* Politics:  As a subject, politics is as controversial as you can get. Posts dedicated to this topic often get heated and burn up a lot of moderator time. We don't want to moderate politics, we want a guitar parts forum. Threads dedicated to politics will be deleted without warning and that posting member likely banned. Hijacking a thread with political comments can also result in that thread being deleted and the offending member being banned from this board.

Back off the politics and the personal attacks.  NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back